1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

A great example of not accepting the diagnosis you're given

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by diane, Nov 4, 2012.

1. diane

diane Gold

An inspiring story of how one woman didn't accept her diagnosis of a learning disorder, and now helps others learn.

Barbara Arrowsmith-Young is the Director of Arrowsmith School and Arrowsmith Program. She holds a B.A.Sc. in Child Studies from the University of Guelph, and a Master's degree in School Psychology from the University of Toronto (Ontario Institute for Studies in Education). Arrowsmith-Young is recognized as the creator of one of the first practical applications of the principles of neuroplasticity to the treatment of learning disorders. Her program is implemented in 40 schools internationally.

[video][video=youtube_share;WUWlQtcQZtE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUWlQtcQZtE[/video][/video]

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

A great example indeed!

3. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

Thank you ever so much for this link.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Much of what you read in my Rx's are all exercises to increase neural circuits in the brain. BG 16 show give you that insight. Go back and re read how the Leptin Rx works blog. The key point is that any brain damage alters your reality.......neuroplasticity can bring you back to where you want to be. You just have to create that solution........the tools are in the blogs on how to re wire a brain.

5. diane

diane Gold

Thanks! Am going to back to re-read.

6. diane

diane Gold

Thank you for pointing out the Leptin Rx blog. I went back to read it - it's amazing! And now I see what you're saying in context of the video I posted. Little by little I think I'm getting it! (She says having eaten dinner 3 hours ago, sitting in the dark with blue blockers and the window open, no heat on and it's about 35 degrees outside. :) )