1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

7-Keto: Brand matters

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by SueC, Sep 26, 2012.

1. SueC

SueC New Member

Pharmacist just called with some lab results. Testosterone so high it couldn't be measured! I had no overt symptoms, but I was about half-way through a one-month bottle of 100 mg 7-Keto DHEA. Lab said this result is becoming more common. A lot of 7-keto on the market really isn't or is adulterated with at least some DHEA. (And Dr. Oz recommends 100 mg twice daily for weight loss!)

Brand I used was Source Naturals. SO, it pays to buy better brands of supplements AND as the doc says, you have to test!

2. Interesting!!!!! I am doing 7-keto, too and my T is now up to 6X top of range. I thought I bought some good stuff tho. I

bought the NutraBio, supposed to be the best one out there.

I sure would be pleased if it were that causing the T, cause right now the docs have schedule MRI's to find an adrenal tumor!

3. I bet if you gave yourself a month OFF of the 7-keto you would be able to tell if that was causing the high T. I also take that brand and it's almost time to check labs again for me!

4. [​IMG]

I quit regular, but have kept this as everyone thought it wasn't converted to T

5. who's taking 7-keto that has tested and had fine T?

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Mine tested over - but I was also on 100mg of DHEA + 100mg of 7Keto (both LEF brand)

dropped down to 15mt of DHEA, and 25mg of 7keto we'll see what my labs look like... but when I had my ASI it was still out of bounds, and my IL6 was perfect.

7. Mine was tested too and my DHEA went up a lot but my T did not and my E went down (but working on that for E dom). I was taking both 7-keto and DHEA. Part of the time I was taking the LEF brand and part of the time the same one as you use in the pic! I have a feeling this is a context thing. That brand may skyrocket your T but not mine, Just some thoughts.

8. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

I can't take testosterone or DHEA (I get bad acne) and was taking 7 Keto DHEA but thought it did not convert into testosterone.

Anyone know?

9. I did an askjack on this matter - as I was worried that it WAS converting. Someone else answered with a quote from the blog, then Jack closed the thread - so I never got an answer from the master himself. God only knows what he thought I was asking! ha.

So, we are looking at a couple of options

1. Keto-7 IS being converted to T (despite JK's blog/webinar that says it should not)

or

2. Some vendors are selling 7-keto that has some regular DHEA that we are converting to T.

People keep reporting your experience!!!! Super helpful!!!!

10. Isn't your T high anyways because of PCOS or did it go higher than norm?

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

It's normally high. Let's just say I wasn't even in range. Blew that puppy out of the top quartile :D. Hehehehe

12. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

OK, just posted it in ASK JACK.

13. Godspeed woman, godspeed.

Are you sure you were not supposed to open a ticket? ;)

14. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I would contact the company if this really happened.

15. Yea, that's quite nuts if it's true. My hair is falling out for gods sake, and I'm a complete confrontational beeeatch. Not that harmless.

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

That sounds like estrogen dump not T just saying.

Though the hair falling out sounds like thyroid. B/c when you are an testosterone producer you become hairy in all the wrong places. (think east German women's swimming from the 80's). Peach fuzz on the face, chest upper abdomen and back of the legs

17. LinD

LinD New Member

I am taking Source Naturals 7-Keto (50 mg)... for about two weeks or so. I get labs done real soon so I'll post results when I get them.

18. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

+1. My high T was induced by slow brain though. Taking the blame myself here. Regular DHEA. I created quite a few messes as beeeatch high on T.

19. SueC

SueC New Member

I contacted the rep today and just now e-mailed him the lot #. We'll see what the company sez. (His first ramblings were it might be the lab.....)

20. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

lol

He didnt answer directly, sent me to a blog of his...