1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

6 Months on Leptin Rx - Some Observations and Questions

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by claudia rowe, Aug 12, 2012.

1. claudia rowe

claudia rowe New Member

Hi Dr Kruse

I followed Leptin Rx for 6 months (Feb 1 - Jul 31) and observed this:

[list type=decimal]
    [*]Health vastly improved. The supplements made a huge difference to the symptoms of MS. Neck wobble improved immensely.
    [*]Blood results went quite awry. My serum leptin levels got progessively higher. All other regularly tested endo levels remained about the same.
    [*]Energy levels were good. Muscle from weight lifting dramatically imcreased.
    Weight stayed the same. No weight loss at all but, wonderfully, no weight gain.
    [/list type=decimal]

A few things I found puzzling:

• Why would my serum leptin levels progressively increase?
      Once I re-introduced very modest carbs (green veges, full fat milk) weight gain went ballistic. And by ballistic I mean 4 kgs a week.

I ponder, Dr Kruse, whether your prescription does assist the body to maintain weight but does not, of itself, "cure" leptin resistance. I loved the 6 months I was on it as I no longer had to water fast for days to maintain my ideal weight but the nano-second I introduced carbs the (what I consider to be leptin-resistant) weight gain happened just like it used to. My view is that this doesn't cure leptin-resistance just "treats" the symptoms.

I'd be most interested in your thoughts.

p.s. Didn't cheat a single mouthful in the 6 months.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

1. Why would leptin increase? Because inflammation remains in the system disrupting your hormone panel. Food is only one source of a mismatch........there is a bigger one when a mammal has a larger brain as we do. It appears it is in our blind spot too often. In many education consults we talk about that mismatch and how it stops weight loss.