1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

6 months later... hack my new thyroid labs et al

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by KiwiLauren, Sep 13, 2012.

1. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I had a first set of labs 6 months ago. I have posted those results as well as my new labs from 2 days ago. I have not started any BHRT or thyroid medication, but have been strictly epi-paleo and AI for months, as well as religious with light cycles and pretty good about CT. Thyroid function seems to be worsening. (I am awaiting results of my hsCRP and DHEA from this round of blood work; I will also get full hormonal saliva panel results, along with an ASI, in about 3 weeks time, so I realise this is not a complete picture.) Any insights welcome.

Current Thyroid Function

Free T4 14 (10-24)

Free T3 3.0 (3.5 - 6.0)

TSH 4.7 (.40 - 4.00)

Thyroid Antibodies (tested 4 weeks ago)

Anti-Tg 5 (

2. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I have no input on this unfortunately, except for that my TSH shot up most likely after starting epi-paleo. Steady TSH for years before that.

3. Destiny

Destiny New Member

KiwiLauren;52140 wrote: I had a first set of labs 6 months ago. I have posted those results as well as my new labs from 2 days ago. I have not started any BHRT or thyroid medication, but have been strictly epi-paleo and AI for months, as well as religious with light cycles and pretty good about CT. Thyroid function seems to be worsening. (I am awaiting results of my hsCRP and DHEA from this round of blood work; I will also get full hormonal saliva panel results, along with an ASI, in about 3 weeks time, so I realise this is not a complete picture.) Any insights welcome.

Current
    Thyroid Function

Free T4 14 (10-24)

Free T3 3.0 (3.5 - 6.0)

TSH 4.7 (.40 - 4.00)

Thyroid Antibodies (tested 4 weeks ago)

Anti-Tg 5 (

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

5. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

If I did it correctly (a big 'if' since finding the conversion formulas was beyond my brain capacity), I get a Pg:E2 ratio of 96.

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Do you know what it was the last time?

In the BHRT webinar Jack said he likes to see you in the top quartile of the following range 100-500 for the ratio!

Your ratio is better than mine! Back in may mine was 76 after three mths of BHRT.

Doing a 24hr urine hormone sample today we'll see what it looks like now!

7. You are definitely looking hypo to me too! Your FT3 is going down and it was too low six months ago. That reading, your bio-available hormone, should be near the top of the range. The FT4 should be mid to top of range. I would guess you are tired throughout the day especially around 3pm-ish. Have you checked your adrenals lately? Oftentimes when FT3 is low the body looks to the adrenals for energy. This is OK for a short time but after a while the adrenals get too taxed. The big question is why is your FT3 so low?

Also ditto to what Shijin said about the hormone Pg/E2 ratio. Based on the range you do look like you are kinda high though, but I am not a hormone expert.

8. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I so appreciate your help! Last time it wasn't calculateable (is that a word?) because P was at ZERO. However, I didn't take it on the right day of my cycle, so it's hard to say. I question whether I did the conversion right now. Though I have been eating a LOT of raw seafood and have been totally committed to darkness when it's dark. Possible?

9. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Thanks PC - you're the thyroid expert! It's a very good question re: why my T3 is so low and declining. I am tired, but a lot less tired than I was before I found Dr K about 9 months ago, so it's hard for me to have perspective on this. Perhaps the results of the 4-panel cortisol test and melatonin will shed some light.

Why do you say I'm 'kinda high' on the Pg E ratio? From what Gretchen said, I should be in the top quartile, so 400-500, but I am at 96 (assuming I did the conversion correctly). Do you mean E is too high? It's at the top of the range (and the full hormone test will give me a break down of E1, E2 and E3 which should also help).

Thanks!!

10. I meant the E seemed high. Sorry I spoke very unclearly. Like I said I really am no expert on the hormones and learning all the time. You ratio is low according to Dr. Ks webinar. Others docs (Dr. Lam) use a ratio of approx 200-300 as good. I want my ratio to be as good as possible and I'm at 86 right now.

Congrats on getting your Pg up with no BHRT. Good for you.... I am truly impressed.

11. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Ok, I recalculated the conversion (using a different formula I found) and my Pg:E ratio is apparently 76. Not as good as 75, but still a lot better than zero. And that's without P cream (which I started 2 days ago). Thanks everyone.

12. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I mean, not as good as the 96 (not 75) I thought it may have been.