1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

5G nnEMF and blue light raise blood glucose and deplete you or Vitamin D and thiamine

Discussion in 'Educating Doctors' started by Jack Kruse, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

So if you drink a lot of coffee I have some news for you.........you need even more sun and a lot more thiamine. Did you know the polyphenols in all coffees destroys your ability to absorb thiamine from foods in the small intestine? This causes pyruvate to build up into lactate and blocks the ability of pyruvate to enter the mitochondrial matrix to create Acetyl-CoA for the TCA cycle. As a result, ATP levels drop and serum lactate levels rise. This sensitizes the body to development of EHS/dysautonomia/ POTS. Caffeine also drops your sulfated Vitamin D3 levels because it dehydrates our bodies at the mitochondrial level and there is even data out that ruins the Vitamin D receptor function. The dehydration is tied to cytochrome 4 function and when the mitochondria cannot make water LDL cholesterol cannot be turned into the 25 D(OH) version of Vitamin D via the photoisomerization step. Caffeine is well known to decrease your VDR production too as the paper below shows. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17223552

mrc, Karen & Glen C. and Lahelada like this.
  2. Green Eyes

Green Eyes Silver

Stopped coffee and don’t miss it, plus I save money

caroline likes this.
  3. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

So does this mean polyphenols are bad for you?

4. Inger

Inger Silver

I practically stopped coffee too. I have no coffee at home at all.
    Now when I have it occasionally when at my part time work, 1 cup no more, it feels bad! Clearly my body do not want it! I will to stop drinking it completely.
    Wow coffee seems to be quite a poison :shhh:

5. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

No.

Dr Kruse and the paper abstract make no mention of polyphenols-- it is about caffeine. Caffeine is a bitter, white crystalline purine, a methylxanthine alkaloid (Wikipedia).

Paper abstract states that daily caffeine intake over 300 mg is apparently a threshold for cited adverse health effects.

For reference, average caffeine content of an 8-oz, brewed cup of coffee is 95 mg. A single espresso or espresso-based drink contains 63 mg, and decaf coffee contains about 3 mg of caffeine (on average). (healthline). Note that caffeine content of various types of coffee drinks can vary widely. For example, a small cup of coffee from Dunkin Donuts contains 215 mg of caffeine (healthline).

I personally intensely dislike coffee as a drink, but I know many people are essentially dead in the water until jumpstarted by their morning cup(s) of joe. As long as it is consumed in circumspect moderation I suspect it is not a big deal.

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Thiamine and polyphenols are mentioned in the first three lines of the post. Polyphenols aren part of the scope of the paper quoted but are known to reduce thiamine usability. Tannins in coffee are polyphenols.
    Explained here.

http://thiamine.dnr.cornell.edu/Thiamine_causes.html

ElectricUniverse and caroline like this.
  7. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I stand corrected-- Dr Kruse did mention polyphenols in his post. I focused on his cited reference in his post that was about caffeine (and had no mention of polyphenols).

Your cited paper had one line about polyphenols-- "Foods and beverages that contain high concentrations of polyphenolic compounds can also cause thiamine deficiency. Polyphenolic compounds are plant extracts including tannins and catechins (Figure 3), that are commonly found in coffee and tea."

I think it is a dramatic leap to take that statement and hastily condemn polyphenolic compounds found in many nutritious drinks and foods (and superfoods).

Mankind has been consuming these foods for millennia and appears as a whole to be none the worse for the wear, indeed, I personally think polyphenols, tannins, lectins, and other potentially harmful plant substances are more positive in their hormetic influence on gene expression than harmful.

But the key is always moderation. What may be beneficial in small amounts are not necessarily good for you in larger amounts. In fact, is is highly probable large amounts are deleterious over time.

Lahelada likes this.
  8. JMO

JMO Silver

We stopped coffee about 5 months ago. I loved coffee. We switched to Chaga tea. It is the same color as coffee and it’s the warm mug in the morning. Not really missing it.