1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

5G Escape "Skoolie"

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Annie Dru, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Annie Dru

Annie Dru Gold

I can't believe it, but we took Dr. Jack's advice about exiting the San Diego 60 GHz 5G deployment and bought a 40' school bus we plan to convert into a zombie apocalypse escape vehicle!

upload_2019-3-3_17-33-59.png

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    LieselK, Anne V, Inger and 5 others like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

fantastic .....love to see pics of the refurb!

Annie Dru likes this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

I love me some creative solutions.

Annie Dru likes this.
  4. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

caroline, drezy and Annie Dru like this.
  5. Annie Dru

Annie Dru Gold

Ha ha... it's not like we have the skill set either, but as my dear ol' mother used to say "Needs must!"

caroline likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

necessity is the mother of invention!

You will get thru it and learn tons in the process! How exciting for all of you!

Think of all the skills you will acquire and then be able to share......

I knew a family who lived in a school bus for 12 years while they built their home ......it was fantastic for so many reasons. It wasn't a posh home - but lovely. The man learned to do all the carpentry himself and he became quite an expert cabinet maker. The foraged for all kinds of stuff in their area. They even used an old school bell and odds and ends from all kinds of resources.

Annie Dru likes this.
  7. Annie Dru

Annie Dru Gold

How wonderful & inspiring! Thank you Caoline ( :

caroline likes this.
  8. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

My friend just sent me an article about Skoolies...

https://www.curbed.com/2019/3/6/18246221/camper-conversion-skoolie-vanlife-tiny-house

Someone gave it up after a couple months and sold one for less than they put into it. Keep an eye out for them! I think a lot of ppl love the idea and reality is harsh if they're not set up with a good tribe and a plan. Like if they decide to take their Skoolie into a 5G hell-hole.

Annie Dru likes this.