1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

5g and what to do

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Julian, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Awesome that you got the neighbors enlisted!

2. crix

crix New Member

Here's a little hack idea: metallic ribbon.

<https://www.craftoutlet.com/25-metallic-ribbon-gold-10-yards>

My testing shows some attenuation in the 3-4G range (no information about 5G range). An attractive way to get a little more shielding in a way that won't be noticed by strangers for what it is truly doing (for example, in an office environment).

3. Saichi

Saichi New Member

And do what with this ribbon?

Alex97232 likes this.
  4. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I was wondering same question. Perhaps I missed an important clue?

crix and Alex97232 like this.
  5. crix

crix New Member

I just thought it was cool that the metallic ribbon had an attenuation effect (while also being cheap!), so I made a few large art installations out of the ribbon in a space in my apartment which I share with a few non-mitochondriacs (I am a student!).

I tried to put the installations in the path of known signal sources.

Of course, the inverse square law provides the best solution long-term :)

Katie Durham likes this.
  6. Trae

Trae New Member

What he's saying is that if you hang a gold metallic ribbon close to where you are working it will help reduce the amount of cellphone radiation that you are exposed to.

7. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Until he carefully measures RF microwave levels with a good meter before and after ribbon device is in place this is just sheer speculation about radiation mitigation.