1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

550 BPI tint glasses

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by April, Nov 21, 2020.

1. April

April New Member

Hi everyone! I just ordered 550 bpi glasses to give more protection than my normal glasses with tech protect. Would that be sufficient for after the sun sets? I still do not sleep all the way through the night most nights.

2. Light sensitivity management are important; consider using rock salt lamps after sunset and before sunrise. https://selfhacked.com/blog/himalayan-salt-lamp/

You may want to consider raising your melatonin levels for improving your sleep.

What we know is:
    • Melatonin is the hormone of darkness https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4334454/ -> The pineal gland receives input from postganglionic fibers, leading to the release of noradrenaline and increased production of cyclic AMP, thus activating the enzyme AANAT, mentioned above, which is critical to the production of melatonin.
    • The biomass precursors for building melatonin are
      • tryptophan,
      • methionine,
      • inositol,
      • magnesium,
      • vitamins: B-2, B6 & D
    • The inhibitor is any form of Folic Acid

3. April

April New Member

We try to use as little light as possible at night. We have some red lights and sometimes I will use candles. Some light comes in from windows from street lights. A little light comes in through the windows from street lights. Trying to shield myself as much as possible to protect my melatonin.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

are back out drapes a possibility? Jack has spoken about putting a penlight behind a patients knee and it is enuf to disrupt melatonin.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator