1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

$50k for low carb/keto dieter to beat this vegan up a climb

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by sjoshua, Feb 23, 2015.

1. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

Hey @Barry I thought of you when I heard this :):

Durian Rider/30 bananas a day guy. www.durianrider.com

He blabbers a bit, but from around 3:30-4:15 he makes the challenge that he'd put $50k on him beating anyone that is low carb/keto in a race up Mt. Washington.

This is another strava ride he posted: http://app.strava.com/activities/131018593 I think it'd be more fun to beat him at the long game, ala this

2. nicld

nicld Gold

30 bananas a day, ughhhhhh. Even when I might be able to eat bananas in the right season they are way to sweet for me.

Keep us posted if you hear of anyone taking him up on this.

3. Josh

Josh Gold

How about Everest or K2?

margor_j and nicld like this.
  4. nicld

nicld Gold

I would LOVE to see someone do Everest Keto like the Sherpa's do.

5. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

That sounds fun :) I think considering he's offering the loot, its his choice of venue and style, ala bicycle.

I wonder if he'd agree to the same ride after both contenders fasted for a couple days first, and had no food throughout though...

6. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Sounds like a job for the Hof. (Wim Hof)

Don't hassle the Hof :D

7. Barry

Barry New Member

I've heard of this guy before....actually I like him.... he's challenging the accepted norm

while his diet is obviously stupid, I bet he has the rest of the dots connected

yet again, its not what we eat, its how we live

I have plenty of LCHF cyclists that would kick his ass... and if he wants to race me... it would have to be more than 5mins... maybe 5hrs

Danco3636 and sjoshua like this.
  8. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Peter Attia has challenged him on a range of tasks, both physical and mental. He didn't accept.

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  9. Ian

Ian New Member

Chris Boardman was able to sustain 6.3 watts per kilo for a full hour! This silly blimp can only manage 5 minutes and thinks he is wonderful. Basically he has ZERO credibility and a similar IQ.

margor_j and Josh (Paleo Osteo) like this.
  10. omegajosh

omegajosh www.mitolab.com

Of course he wouldn't accept doing it in a fasted state. Harley's whole point is that fasting + ketosis is inferior to high carb strategies that he follows.

11. omegajosh

omegajosh www.mitolab.com

Peter Attia is a post-graduate and a doctor. I believe Durianrider dropped out of school at 16. Do you think it would be a fair mental battle?

To Clarify, I don't particularly like DurianRider; he is an arrogant, antagonising demonstration of a hyperbolic youtube view-seeker. Nonetheless, he has put a challenge out there and nobody has accepted. Instead, proponents of ketosis have just said something along the lines of "well I could beat him and I know others who could, but I won't/can't because [insert reason]".

12. if he is paying the 50K i'd give it a shot, whats to lose?

margor_j likes this.