1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

50 ppm DDW

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Tim Enright, Jul 14, 2019.

1. I have been trying to locate an inexpensive source for DDW and maybe onto something. It costs more to manufacture 25ppm than 50ppm DDW. Rarely are either needed for normal applications (such as mine). My goal is to bring my total daily intake of water to 130ppm during maintenance and right now bring keep it under 100ppm. In all cases it is cheaper to cut the 50ppm water to this level than the 25ppm water with shipping being the same for either.

I found a company in the US that is producing the water and will soon be offering 50ppm water. I will be buying this water for my practice and thought that I would share this information with the folks here. The 50ppm water is not expected until the next batch at the end of this month so the pricing is not yet on the web site but it was shared with me in a phone conversation. Also, I think I can extend a discount to the people in this forum and have the product shipped directly to you (if that is of interest). Its not much of a discount (5%) as I don't get much of a discount... :p

https://extralightwater.com/50-hydrohealth-24pcs-x-500ml-box/

God loves you likes this.
  2. What this means is that you can create 100ppm deuterium depleated water for $5.83 a liter. Preventa is $12.64 a liter (excluding shipping) for 105 ppm and if created 100ppm DDW from Qlarivia 25 it would cost you $7.08 delivered.

ExtraLightWater 50ppm= $140/24= $5.83 L 100ppm
    ExtraLightWater 25ppm= $180/(24*1.25)= $6.00 L 100ppm
    Qlarivia 25ppm= $425/(48*1.25)=$7.08 L 100ppm
    Preventa 105ppm= $227/(12*1.5)= $12.64 L 105ppm

This price is something i can live with and will be doing a little more research on the source. I believe this to be a byproduct of the production of heavy water. More on this later...

Final edit: corrected calculations and added another option

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Ed Pomicter likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Adrian Buga there used to sell Qlarivia now is selling 25 Hydra Health.
    Wery helpfull guy trying to fill up anybody's needs.

He sells now DDW-25 for $7.50 a bottle
    If he will sell DDW-50 bottle for 7.5/1.25=6 it would be equal price for the amount of product.
    But it would cost Adrian
    mixing, more storage
    more bottles and more weight to ship.
    At some point he would have to hire more help.
    At some point he will have to fund life long pensions for his employees.
    more matternity leaves
    etc
    etc

Otherwise
    take 4 bottles of DDW-25 mix it with one bottle of tap water or any other water of your choice and you got 5 bottles of DDW-50.

upload_2019-7-17_16-20-31.png

upload_2019-7-17_16-11-16.png

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  4. Hey Jan, I believe you missed the main point. It is cheaper to manufacture 50ppm than 25ppm ($140 per case vs $180). So if you are cutting to around 100ppm which is actually cheaper assuming the shipping costs are the same (which they are)? My figures show the cost per liter for 100ppm DDW but do not include the water you wish to use to cut with. I consider $2.92 per liter of 100ppm DDW to be outstanding and hope my math is correct...

edit: it wasn't :) price ends up being $5.83 per liter of 100ppm DDW, still the best price for 100ppm solution.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I do not know where you are getting your numbers.
    Indeed the bottom line is the price at the moment one makes the purchase.

I can't see the price for DDW-50
    I see this (picture) today (Thursday 7/18/2019 9:44 AM EST )

If the price you are posting is offered now ($5.83 per liter of 100ppm DDW) please post link to it.
    People will want to buy.
    Also post price for DDW-50.

upload_2019-7-18_9-43-31.png

6. Ed Pomicter

Ed Pomicter New Member

50 ppm at $140 per 500ml x 24 bottle case
    $140/12l
    50 ppm = $11.67/l

25 PPM at $180 per 500ml x 24 bottle case
    $180/12l
    25 ppm = $15.00/l

50(1-x)+150(x)=100
    x=0.5
    0.5 x $11.67 = $5.83
    so 1l of 100 ppm water made by 50:50 ratio of 50ppm:150ppm = $5.83/l

25(1-x)+150(x)=100
    x=0.6
    1-x=0.4
    0.4 x $15.00 = $6.00
    so 1l of 100 ppm water made by 40:60 ratio of 25ppm:150ppm = $6.00/l

shah78 and Tim Enright like this.
  7. drezy

drezy New Member

Ahh Jansz tangents. I missed those. Here I'll throw this in too:

Yeah and if his employees are using the product they will live very long lives and be more fertile than rabbits!

Brent Patrick, Ed Pomicter and Anne V like this.
  8. Ed Pomicter

Ed Pomicter New Member

BUT since they will have higher energy output he will need fewer employees

Tim Enright and drezy like this.
  9. Ignore me if my math is funny but i think it should be .6×15.00=$9.00
    And. .5×11.67=5.835

Ed Pomicter likes this.
  10. drezy

drezy New Member

Oh, good catch!

Ed Pomicter likes this.
  11. Ed Pomicter

Ed Pomicter New Member

Good catch! Nice to have observant detail oriented friends ;-)

Math corrected now in original

BUT the 25 ppm portion is 1-x so (1-0.6)=0.4 so still 0.4 l of 25 ppm and same price
    Mistake on 11.67/2 due to multitasking and refusal to use calcualtor :thumbsup:

Would have lost partial credit back in the day...should have never left out a step in the problem when typing from my notes...sloppy mistake!

Tim Enright and Marko Pollo like this.
  12. 25(1-x)+150(x)=100
    x=0.4 should be 1-.4=.6
    0.4 x $15.00 = $6.00
    so 1l of 100 ppm water made by 40:60 ratio of 25ppm:150ppm = $6.00/l

Hey Ed, I really like your posts. Wish you were my neighbor! Have you ever met Joel Salintin or been to polyface farms in Swopes Va?

Tim Enright likes this.
  13. Ed Pomicter

Ed Pomicter New Member

Thanks! I hope I am adding something useful to the conversation. It would be nice to have a tribe closer around, but an internet tribe is better than none.

I have not met Joel, but have been to the farm once just to shop but not for a tour...one of these days. We are about 30 miles north of him along the same ridgeline/valley. We have only lived in this area for a few years, but I was well educated in his ideas back in my Vermont days.

Marko Pollo and Tim Enright like this.
  14. The cost of the product goes up with the purity of the product. This is directly related to the cost of refinement. It is cheaper for the manufacturer to create 50ppm water than 25ppm water. I am suggesting that when you see 105ppm from Preventa they actually stopped the distillation process at 105ppm rather than taking it down to 25ppm and cutting it back up. Likewise with the 50ppm from ExtraLightWater only the target product was not lightwater. I believe the target was heavy water and the light water was simply the byproduct. This is great news to me since the source is in the US and we are not paying as much for shipping as we are the product. The price can only go down from here (IMO).

The question has been answered. Yes it is cheaper to use 50ppm source water to create 100ppm DDW but not by much. Not as much as I would expect it to be anyway. The other plus by doing it this way is we are saving on the energy consumption during production since we don't have to take it down past 50ppm.

I should have included ExtraLightWater 25ppm in the roundup so I edited my original post.

The 50ppm DDW from ExtraLightWater is due out next month and the price Adrian quoted me was $140 per case delivered.

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Today, Thursday 7/18/2019 1:37 PM EST
    I am able to buy
    (DDW-25) 25 HydroHealth 24pcs x 500ml Box for $180
    that is 180/24=$7.50 for half liter bottle
    ---
    hydrohealth is planning to introduce DDW-50 and DDW-100
    we are trying to figure price that would justify purchasing them
    knowing that having DDW-25 we can add some top water (or other water) and get them ouselves without much to do.

To get DDW-50
    take one part of DDW-25 (cost $7.50 per bottle)
    add 0.25 parts of other water (zero cost)
    $7.50/(1+0.25)=$6 per bottle of DDW-50
    ==============================================
    To get DDW-100
    take one part of DDW-25 (cost $7.50)
    and add 1.5 parts of other water (zero cost)
    $7.50/(1+1.5)=$3 per bottle of DDW-100
    ===============================================

upload_2019-7-18_14-2-17.png

///////////////////////////////////////////////
    Note,
    water at Costco costs about $2 and little change for a 40 half liter bottles.
    practically as much as my tap water

upload_2019-7-18_14-7-44.png

16. So you are saying that you are part of hydrohealth and your role is to find market entry pricing for the two products they will be rolling out? and that these two products are the result of cutting the original DDW-25 product? this is interesting puzzle for me Jan and much different than I was led to believe...

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Where this came from?
    I say what I say.
    Please do not put words in my mouth.

18. your use of the word we, I apologize...

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

No problem.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Back to your post.

I do not know how hydrohealth will come up with DDW-50 or DDW-100.
    I do not think they are actually manufacturing any of these waters.
    I think they are getting it from somewhere (outside of the USA) and bottling it in the USA.
    Likely they learned details and difficulties of manufacturing and distributing from their hard time with previously selling Qlarivia.
    FDA has given them a hard time, they wasted some of the product,
    and the Qlarivia manufacturer was not willing to reimburse them any costs.
    Overall it was about bs and legalize (printed on labels), but they incurred costs and had to eat it.

I have lost lots of time (and $$), when I ordered Qlarivia,
    and was not able to get it,
    then I had to pay 3x over to get Preventa.
    Months latter, I got (the paid for by me) Qlarivia.
    Little did I knew, it was paid from their own pocket, because due to FDA gymastics hydrohealth lost my stuff.
    /