1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

4x High Copper, Chronic Iron Anaemia

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), Apr 14, 2014.

1. guys
    just visited a fellow osteopath friend in melbourne, who is taking time off because of "burn out"
    she has had chronic iron deficiency, and copper readings are +++ (4x normal on functional path test)

reading the quantum autism blog again for copper and iron context, but cant understand why this imbalance...
    obviously the transition metals are going to have +++ effect on her via EMF exposure/absorption

can anyone explain the mechanism for such high copper?
    is it being bounced out of bone and into serum? and is the iron being accumulated from serum into bone/brain/etc??

2. kovita

kovita Gold

adrenal insufficiency is often causing high copper. Without good adrenal function the synthesis of ceruloplasmin in liver is suppressed and unbound copper is not predestined to be used in the body, because body cannot use copper unbound to ceruloplasmin. This is the normal biochemistry, I am too much beginner for the quantum side yet!

3. kovita

kovita Gold

i will definitely follow your question. My younger child has borderline chronic anemia with borderline low iron not responsive to iron supp.
    this is what i found, I question whether the doscussion we had in some thread here lately about possible suppl. for my child by mo/mn should not be revived. i think he is nor digesting well fat and someone mentioned that mo helped dramatically with the fat digestion/use in the body. This just started to seem like a match.

A high copper/molybdenum ratio may contribute to iron deficiency anemias and possibly cause iron-storage disease.

Several anemias which do not respond to iron therapy have been found to be associated with biounavailable copper. Copper is required to convert iron from the ferric to ferrous form so it can be utilized. Copper is also required to incorporate iron into the hemoglobin molecule.

High tissue copper levels can cause a relative manganese deficiency. Manganese is necessary to stimulate hemoglobin formation; thus anemia can result from a copper-induced deficiency of manganese.

4. thanks kovita, that was my understanding too, and in the context it fits perfectly...
    wondering the quantum link for interest sake :)

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Simple......when redox is low copper and iron come out of their proteins and absorb non native EMF.

Josh likes this.
  6. yes jack, but why is one low and one high?
    coper in serum is +++++++ (likely unbound, as written above)
    where does the iron go?

7. or might it be that ferritin stores are high still, and they used haemoglobin as the proxy?

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator