1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

49th parrallel winter time light hacks

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by DLO, Oct 5, 2016.

1. DLO

DLO StarFish

What have you guys done as far as uv bed and indoor lighting spectrum ranges?
    Just want to see what I can add. So far I've got about 4 365nm sunlite bulbs, 3 660nm rubylux, and about 8 NIR 850nm+uvb bulbs. I've only really been using 4 of the NIR at night after CT 2 hours + 30 mins of NIR before bed. I also CT for about 60-90 mins in the morning without any supplemental light.
    Frantically going around craigslist scooping up floor lamps to get some incandescents in at my work place and at home.

I plan to attempt some ski touring climbing the local mountains. I'll attempt to climb for about 30-40 minutes with just arm warmers gloves and a face mask with the torso waist up exposed. Pinhole glasses if the glare is too great so I still get some UV and throw on my full downhill gear on the 5 minutes down. Plan to do this a couple times a week to get my pre 10am dose of sun.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

smart. Use the albedo and altitude to your advantage.

3. DLO

DLO StarFish

Thanks Jack wont be another 2-3 months till I can do that however, in the meantime can you comment on the indoor situation and UVA in vancouver bc.
    My context is just trying to optimize SIBO results improving and getting over food sensitivities/allergies.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I don't know enough about you to say anything definitive.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

SIBO and Thor industries bed however is a great match.

6. DLO

DLO StarFish

Heard Dave Asprey is releasing something similar, he was talking about it in his latest light hack podcast but didn't mention frequencies but i'm sure both are fully adjustable.
    Then again for 120k that bed better do more than the quantlet I could cover myself from head to toe in quantlets for less than that!
    I'll be posting up my labs soon to show my barely there SIBO.
    Next will be stool testing. Unless I missed is it there a certain sequence of labs I should be doing?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Hydrogen breath testing for SIBO is cheaper and easy to do.

Josh Rosenthal likes this.
  8. DLO

DLO StarFish

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  10. DLO

DLO StarFish

Whats wrong with my Vit D?
    TSH is because i'm taking nascent iodine which I will be transitioning to seafood for instead.

11. DLO

DLO StarFish

Kidney feels fine, altho I am drinking ALOT more water than before and am having to go to the bathroom a heck of alot more.... I'm almost doing a gallon a day now.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

D is very low, get it (naturally) to much higher level, details on your other thread (Tweaks to Dutch hormone test results)
    TSH asks for much more FT3.
    Get more complete thyroid panel.
    15 ------- Thyroid-stimulating Hormone (TSH)- Test Number: 004259 CPT Code: 84443
    16 ------- Thyroxine (T4)- Test Number: 001149 CPT Code: 84436
    17 ------- Thyroxine (T4), Free, Direct, Serum-Test Number: 001974 CPT Code: 84439
    18 ------- Triiodothyronine (T3)- Test Number: 002188 CPT Code: 84480
    19 ------- Triiodothyronine (T3), Free, Serum- Test Number: 010389 CPT Code: 84481
    20 ------- Reverse T3-Test Number: 070104 CPT Code: 84482

may want to also figure your antibodies

//
    Nascent = iodine
    Lugol's=iodine + potassium iodide

Use Lugol's

//////////////////////////
    iodide=halide
    it is more about halides
    to get the undesirable halides out.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halide
    fluoride, chloride, bromide, iodide, astatide,

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...dutch-hormone-test-results.18510/#post-202726

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

get

12 ------- Metabolic Panel (14), Comprehensive Test Number: 322000 CPT Code: 80053

look at (eGFR)

Do you have high or above average muscle mass?

BMI=20.3(18-25)

-----------------------------------------------------

14. DLO

DLO StarFish

What should I be aiming for as far as GFR #'s? Higher/Lower?
    The sun will be an issue as I am in vancouver BC and dont really expect to get much unless i'm above the clouds skiing or it's May-Sept season.

This is the one I use. Lugols is much more gag reflex and hard to down unless your using it topically which will give u some funny stains.
    Nascent iodine is a supplemental form of iodine. Iodine is an essential mineral that the body requires for normal function.[1] For nearly a century, nascent iodine has been regarded as a more effective form of the mineral than many dietary iodine forms, such as potassium iodide. In fact, most forms of dietary iodine become mere iodide in the digestive tract.[2] This is important to note because iodides are not as easily absorbed and utilized by the body, meaning that iodine-dependent organs and processes may not be adequately supported.[3] This is what makes nascent iodine such a popular form of iodine for supplementation.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/what-is-nascent-iodine/
    http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/how-are-iodide-and-iodine-different/
    By antibodies do you mean IGG? I have that too and want to improve on some of the sensitivities.
    Muscle mass I'd say i'm at 12% BF but want to gain more lean muscle. No problem doing anything physically be it pull ups or pushups or HIIT.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Eat seafood and iodine will take care of itself and work out outside and use CT in Vancouver. you have a nice park downtown with a Bay

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Antibodies
    Synonyms:

Antimicrosomal Antibody
    Antithyroid Microsomal Antibody

Test Number: 006676 CPT: 86376
    -----------------------------------------
    Thyroid Antibodies
    Test Number: 006684 CPT: 86376; 86800
    ------------------------------------------
    Thyroglobulin Antibody
    Synonyms:

Antithyroglobulin Antibody

Test Number: 006685 CPT: 86800
    =========================================

17. DLO

DLO StarFish

It's funny that you say that I decided to hit the beach at lunch yesterday before the following weeks of rain. Here are some findings
    Deterrent #1 to CT in the pacific #1 (if you think i should be able to tolerate this then i'll attempt it) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxQIH-q_fB6Od2U2UUhOeFVjWVU
    Deterrent #2 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxQIH-q_fB6OMUxnYVRkRDVGaXM
    Deterrent #3 minor and these 2 pictures are in the middle of normally submerged beach by late afternoon I took these wandering out in the morning pretty much 180 degrees to each other where you would expect no cell towers or wifi but low and behold...
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxQIH-q_fB6OSkRJeVVBc1J4b1U
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxQIH-q_fB6OY29mcWdjeVdvaWs

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

get
    eGFR
    Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR)
    it is a part of
    Metabolic Panel (14), Comprehensive Test Number: 322000 CPT Code: 80053

/
    eGFR
    is dependent of body muscle mass.

//

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You need what Lugol's have.
    Two ingredients.
    Nascent have only one.

///////////////////////////
    Put it in the drink.
    I put my 1cc of Lugol's everyday into my morning coffe.

////
    First time I ever heard of someone gagging on Lugol's.
    How are you actually using it?

//

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Get at leeast 1000W/12hrs/day of good artificial lights
    4kW/12hrs/day would be better.

///////////////////////