1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

3800 calories in 3 hours

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Dan in Utah, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Dan in Utah

Dan in Utah New Member

In THE COLD THERMOGENESIS PROTOCOL you said,

Can you tell us what you did, Dr. Kruse?

Any guesses from the forum members?

2. David

David Silver

I am guessing that the 3800 calories is calculated from the idea that 15 minutes in cold can activate sufficient BAT to liberate over 300 calories of heat, like one would experience when running a mile. (I wrote that into my notes some time ago, but neglected to get a cite on the source. Sorry.)

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I was packed in ice that day and used some rudimentary math to come up with my burn rate based upon variable Ray Cronise has shared......nothing scientific but I can say I burned more than someone running a marathon and did so with no wear and tear on my body.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

closed...............