1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

35 Yr Old Male Firefighter - My Journey to Feeling Awesome

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by fireforlunch, Jun 3, 2013.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Country Life Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin -- 600 mg - 250 Tablets
    This is stomach acid.
    Most people are low (and some are getting heartburn because of it)
    To figure out dose you have to do trial and error.
    Eat them right before meal.

1/day--> Natural Beta-Carotene by NOW Foods - (25000IU - 180 Softgels)

2/day-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules lef.org

1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/Lugols-Iodine-Family-Pack-bottles/dp/B001RRP3FW
    recalculate dose if using other iodine/iodide source.

5/day Biotic Research Bio-D-Mulsion Forte, 1drop=2000iu Vit D
    5/day CarlsonVitamin K2 Menatetrenone 5 mg

=======================

Iodine is halide (type of chemical) it is good for us
    "unfortunately" most peoples know only about its thyroid connection, there are many other.

there are other halides that replace iodine in our bodies
    you need to supplement with excess iodine iodine to push bad guys out
    you must have plenty of selenium first
    before you start using iodine eat selenium for two weeks
    brazil nuts also have selenium, I sort of doubt that you will get enough from one brazil nut/day
    I got above dosage by titrating and watching my selenium levels on Spectracell test.
    Spectracell is very powerful test. Good idea to have it done.

bromide is added to flours
    fluoride ---toothpaste, water
    chloride--- swimming pools
    there is one more

=================================

Spectracell Comprehensive Nutritional Panel
    http://www.healthremedies.com/intracellular_vitamin_analysis_spectracell.html
    Price: $350.00

--------
    http://www.spectracell.com/
    http://www.spectracell.com/clinicians/products/
    http://www.spectracell.com/media/uploaded/m/0e2064041_mnt-sample-test-report082312.pdf

VITAMINS
    Vitamin A
    Vitamin B1
    Vitamin B2
    Vitamin B3
    Vitamin B6
    Vitamin B12
    Biotin
    Folate
    Pantothenate
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin D
    Vitamin K

MINERALS
    Calcium
    Magnesium
    Manganese
    Zinc
    Copper

AMINO ACIDS
    Asparagine
    Glutamine
    Serine

ANTIOXIDANT
    Alpha Lipoic Acid
    Coenzyme Q10
    Cysteine
    Glutathione
    Selenium
    Vitamin E

SPECTROX™
    for Total
    Antioxidant Function

IMMUNIDEX™
    Immune Response Score

CARBOHYDRATE METABOLISM
    Chromium
    Fructose Sensitivity
    Glucose-Insulin Metabolism

FATTY ACIDS
    Oleic Acid

METABOLITES
    Choline
    Inositol
    Carnitine

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  2. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

I am not following you here.

What did I say in my post that you quoted that prompted you to write this?

3. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

Day 8

Sleep was okay last but a woke up a couple a few times. Up at 5:45 went to stair at the sunrise for a few minutes then the BAB

BAB: 1/2 can of salmon in bacon grease; 1 avocado; 1 brazil nut; smoothie made from 1 can coconut milk, 3 tbsp butter, 3 eggs, cup of decaf green tea with 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp coconut oil

Lunch: leftover breakfast casserole with sausage, eggs and spinach; large salad with paleo ranch, still hungry so I made 3 scrambled eggs in butter and oil

Dinner: 1/2 can of salmon in oil and butter, 1 small chicken thigh, leftover brussel sprout slaw

CT: none today, at work

I guess I need to add even more fat to my BAB's as I'm often hungry by the time lunch roles around

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  4. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

Day 9

Sleep was horrible last night a work. Had a few calls and didn't get to sleep until after 2am.

No BAB because of fasted blood works this morning at 10:30 :( - Guess it will have to be a BAL

BAL: 8oz can of oysters (first time ever - wow that's different) cooked in bacon grease and butter, 6 eggs in bacon grease and oil, a few ounces of leftover smoked chicken, mixed salad with paleo ranch

Dinner: 3 Flounder filets cooked in coconutoil and lightly breaded with coconut flour, several asparagus cooked in oil, about 1/4 onion cooked in butter; mixed one tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp butter and ate it off the spoon - yuuuummm

CT: 45 minutes with 18# ice bags directly on my chest and stomach

Took 800mg Magnesium Malate for the first time an hr ago - praying for a good nights sleep

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  5. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

Day 10

Sleep was okay, woke up at 2:45 then again around 4:30. Laid in bed for a while then fell back asleep till 6:10. Missed morning sun so I could get my BAB in on time and not be late for work.

Took 800mg of Magnesium Malate a couple hrs before bed last night. Hopefully it will start helping with sleep here before long.

BAB: 7 eggs, ground pork, about a 1/4 onion all cooked in butter and oil; a couple ounces of leftover smoked chicken; 1 avocado; Mixed about 2tbsp coconut oil and 1.5 tbsp of butter with a little unsweetened shreaded coconut that made a nice yummy dessert

Lunch: A couple filet's of leftover flounder re-heated in oil and butter, mixed salad with olive oil and basalmic vinegar, little bit of leftover smoked chicken.

Dinner: Leftover flounder filet warmed in butter; 8oz green beans cooked in oil and butter; leftover ground pork

CT: None today - at work

6. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

Day 11

Sleep was okay, woke up at 3:45am but was able to go back to sleep off and on. Unfortunately I didn't get to be till 11pm

BAB: 6 eggs scrambled in oil and butter; Some leftover pork sausage; decaf green tea with butter and coconut oil

Lunch: Mixed salad with paleo ranch; brazil nut

Dinner: 2 hamburger patties; mixed veggies cooked in oil and butter; 2 tbsp of coconut oil and butter mixed

First day of lower protein to try and actually get in ketosis - Shooting for 130 grams a day

CT: 50 minutes with 18# of ice on my chest and stomach

7. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

Starting Over

I have been dreading this post.

Had to go out of town for several days and I completely dropped the ball on my eating as I was staying with a friend and let's just say they're not into low carb.

I will have to go out of town several times in the next couple of months but it will be with family and I can make whatever I want so I don't forsee any issues.

so here is today's food journal:

BAB: 4 oz grass fed beef liver, 5 eggs and about 4oz sausage; 2tbsp butter, 1 tbsp coconut oil

Lunch: Salad with half avocado, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp butter

Dinner: about 8oz serloin steak coocked in butter and olive oil, cauliflower with sausage

CT: none today - at work

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

It happens ........

9. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

yea, I just pushed delete and I'm moving on.

Starting over of course

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

The important part is picking up where you left off and not letting it defeat you....just another learning experience.....I have such a hard time when I am away from home - even with planning. The weird thing is I love this way of eating - but when away - little things creep in .....like a glass or two of port and gummie bears! just stupid stuff!

11. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

Thanks or the encouragement

12. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

Day 2

BAB: Sirloin steak (rare) about 6oz, friend cooked in olive oil, 5 eggs cooked in butter and a tbsp of coconut oil

Lunch: Salad with paleo ranch dressing

Dinner: Bacon wrapped chicken, green beans with bacon and onions

CT: 45 minutes with ice on chest in bath water. Interesting how taking a week off from CT really makes a difference when you try to get back into it.

Mowed the yard in my bare feet

13. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

Day 3

Up to look at the sun for a few minutes

BAB: leftover paleo meatloaf friend in butter, 5 eggs, 1 tbsp coconut oil

Lunch: Salad with olive oil, cucumber sausage mash

Dinner: Leftover grilled chicken cooked in butter, 3 pieces of bacon, and some leftover green beans

CT: working today so none really but cold showers

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I guess you did not really read the last two blogs........it is not the food. It is your shift work...........you will never solve your problem until you begin to ask the correct questions........it is not the food. It is the photoperiod.

15. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

Thanks for responding.

I did read them.

I have a goal to retire early in 3 yrs from the fite dept.

Its not something i can just walk away from simply because i dont have another way to support my family right now.

If i did have something else i would quit in a heartbeat

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

OK.........think this thru......you cant do it or you wont?

You worried about your self clearly..........

So what happens in 2 yrs if you die?

What good are you to them dead?

When you say you cant do it now........it implies that you believe time is promised........and it is not. Ask James Gandolfi and his 8 month old.

You better focus on the real problem and speed up your ideas on retirement. Just my two cents.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you are not good for you you are no good to anyone else........never forget it.

18. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

I really appreciate your input and your pressing these issues.

You're right, I won't quit my job because we are already scraping by at my current salary.

When I say scraping by I mean, we rent out two rooms for extra money, we don't drive fancy cars or have car payments and rarely eat out or do all the stuff that most families do.

I have looked several times over the past several months for a job that does not require a degree and has regular day hours.

I have seen several things in the medical field but even without a four yr degree they still require a two yr degree (ie respiratory therapist type stuff).

I have been toying with the idea of getting an online degree in an IT related field (that stuff seems to come somewhat natural to me) but I'm looking at two yrs at least.

Of course I could quit my job today and go work at walmart or something like that but then we would probably loose our house because we wouldn't be able to make the payments and then you're talking about some major stress that would certainly keep me up at night even more than I deal with now probably.

Is there some kind of secret to supporting my family that you are thinking about that I'm not thinking of?

Again I really appreciate you pressing these issues.

I know I am sometimes limited by my little thinking mind so if there is something else I could be doing I want to figure it out.

I would love to be home every night with my family and get a real nights rest every night.

Another option I am pursuing right now is moving to a slower station on our department.

But I have to wait for an open slot.

A friend recently went to a slower station and he said his sleep improved quite a bit at home and at work.

19. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

John

make the best changes you can given your circumstances. Sometimes you have to be willing to take a huge leap and move outside your comfort zone, to make things happen for you.

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you thought of selling your house and then living cheaply for awhile? and pursuing your passion? It is only stuff .... you can always get more stuff later if you really want.........

Your health and happiness is what is important ....to you ..... and to your family. Maybe have a family meeting and figure out what is important to all of you and set a plan in motion to achieve that.

Believe me .... your family isn't going to care about "the stuff" if you are gone...... When you lose the person you love most ....everything else is a very, very distant second .... at best.....

You will figure it out.......you are here and you now know what is at stake......