1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

3-Day water fasts

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by QuantumRadical, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Dr. Kruse, I know you have addressed fasting before, but the media has recently glommed onto the three-day fast as being beneficial for autophagy and detoxing. My question is, when in the process of healing is it best to do this? For example, if you are Leptin resistant, is a three day fast beneficial? If you are trying to get into ketosis, is it a beneficial boost? Is the combination of deep CT with a three-day water fast effective in boosting health, losing weight, getting into the PPP pathway??? Not asking about Intermittent fasting, but hardcore multi-day fasting.

Randy

Lahelada likes this.
  2. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

I remember asking Jack a somewhat related question (mine was about intermittent fasting though) -- http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.ph...ng-skipping-dinner-instead-of-breakfast.9069/

I was asking about Intermittent Fasting by skipping dinner instead of breakfast, but I did also ask a question regarding autophagy.

Anyway, what I got from that question is that there is such a thing as too much autophagy. The amount of fasting to hit that threshold depends on the person's context.

Jack was even warning against regular IF when you're LR, so I would naturally think that any longer fasts are going to be extremely counter-productive.

Finally, after listening to the quantum sleep webinar, I think it is likely that we get all the benefits of autophagic repair (at least in the brain) once we fix our sleep. Fasting can help to both increase autophagic repair mechanisms and fix sleep, but sleep is still king.

Oh, and Jack keeps saying that CT brings all the same effects of fasting. Sleeping outside on the ground and in the cold sounds like the magic combo :)

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

IF with water fast is a great way to stimulate autophagy but it might screw up your sleep.

Danny likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think the next blog may give you some insight why........it is the next level to cortisol and I actually changed it because of something you asked me Randy.

5. I have thought about my question and maybe it should be--Is there any context where a multi-day water fast is an optimal approach to regaining health? Ot is it just good, but the other protocols are more effective?

That's it, keep me/us in suspense again!! :(

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yes there is.........

Danny and Josh like this.
  7. Josh

Josh Gold

Context is everything....Heaven or Hell....

Danny and sjoshua like this.
  8. dan.orloski22

dan.orloski22 Silver

Yewwei I love your concise summaries of these sometimes complex idea's. Your right Josh context is everything

9. And what might that context be? Ok, I know, in the next blog! ;) LOL

10. Josh

Josh Gold

This has been covered and even talked about.....

11. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

I can't seem to find any specific discussions, although some blogs like the 'Do Food Electrons Impart a Quntum Effect' blog get into the 90% water, 10% fat diet.

---
    An important question to ask is "How does one do a water fast properly?"

Without a doubt, you will need cold, halogen free, electron dense water.

Jack is hinting that Cortisol must be controlled. The first thought that comes to mind is that exercise must be controlled, and piezoelectric overload of the collagen semiconductors cannot be allowed to happen.

Is it even possible to do a proper water fast when you're surrounded by EMF? (now water is your only energy source, and EMF is going to rob you of that) Maybe CT is the answer here as per the mechanisms described in CT6?

Sounds difficult to pull off o_O

12. Josh

Josh Gold

As I recall, if you cannot burn fat and increase autophagy, one runs the risk of increasing cortisol and inflammation. Not great for the Leptin Resistant or poor redox folks....

Lahelada likes this.
  13. My thought is that in the summer with long light cycles and sufficient sun exposure, with good water, you could pull off a multi-day water fast because you would be getting electrons from the sun. You might combine it with a few CT sessions. The best I ever felt was doing something along these lines--mall amounts of seafood, sunbathing, and CT. I also think that even in the winter, with cold adaptation and with the cold decreasing appetite, one could fast with just water and still be in an optimal mode.

14. And where might that be specifically? :confused:

15. Josh

Josh Gold

Dr. Kruse drops hints here and there such as "36 hours with no food and I just ate 3 pounds of meat and a pound of seafood...." Josh S just shared his experience and there was some brief commentary, and several blogs review the fundamentals of fasting and the dangers of not having adequate fats, correct circadian rhythm and adequate mitochondrial function/redox. Longer water fasts are a stretch of all of the concepts involved in shorter IF stuff. I have friends who have done 40 days which may have hurt them, yet they felt it was a positive experience and have done it more than once, believe it or not. If you cannot burn fat and get into autophagy at night, you are in trouble...."water" is also relative as there are some variations in the quality of water and how it interacts with a given system.

"Intermittent Fasting and Leptin"
    BG16
    EMF2
    CT12
    "Do Food Electrons Impart a Quantum Effect"
    "The Paleo Diet is Stat Paging for Your Brain"
    "Central Leptin Domianance"

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  16. Thanks, Josh! As I suspected, the answer is smeared across the blogs and forums. :p

17. Jude

Jude Gold

Like that description.......SMEARED................just right...and one needs Josh's memory to scavenge those hints for us:)

18. Josh

Josh Gold

I can't remember what I ate for dinner, it is search in adobe acrobat mostly......

Catalin likes this.
  19. Jude

Jude Gold

Well Josh no matter how you do it.....it's pretty damn impressive....thanks:D