1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

3,500 mile EMF road-trip

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by ObstreperousPolarBear, May 24, 2018.

1. Gina R

Gina R New Member

@Leland Stillman and @drezy , I'm working on figuring out what to trade my 2010 prius in for...before my trip from Maryland to Texas, in just 2 weeks...any suggestions 2nd to jeep wrangler??? At this time, I need to make a relatively equal trade, and I think I can get about 7k for my prius...

2. Go for an older wrangler! They are amazing, easy to maintain, and low-EMF! Otherwise, older is better when it comes to cars. But the Jeep wrangler has the benefit of being able to 1) be topless and 2) tow things that get you out in to the sun and water (like paddleboards!).

3. Gina R

Gina R New Member

Thanks Leland. But I have a friend that works at carmax and he says Jeeps are always being brought in for issues...that's why I wasn't crazy about that. I'm the least car-savvy person there is so I do need something extremely reliable esp for this drive...also I don't think I can get a reliable wrangler for 7k-ish:(

4. drezy

drezy New Member

So your new vehicle dies out and strands you in deep West Virginia and you end up, like the rest of the inhabitants, having to bow hunt hog barefoot to survive. Sounds like a circadian win to me versus your high falutin company owning city girllife to me...

See, Gina, they even have satellite TeeeVeee:
    [​IMG]

I don't know that much about vehicles, but at least we now have your future mapped out pretty well. Good luck and if you do decide to mate choose one with the most teeth.

5. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

Most reliable vehicle I ever had
    F69E40DE-5257-451E-9074-1894DEF5C27E.png

Also Geo Prism is the same thing with a different name.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Gina R and Phosphene like this.
  6. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Ha! Me too with the Corolla—mine was a ‘93 and the first car I ever bought on my own. Sold it after 10 years for an overpriced minivan. Wish I still had the Corolla.

7. Gina R

Gina R New Member

Cool pic! Although, I'm def not high-class company-owning city girl as you assumed!

drezy likes this.
  8. Gina R

Gina R New Member

Anyone know how to (quickly) determine with regards to emf, etc, (and reliability) what the best vehicle is? Again, 2nd to an older jeep?

9. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Now, if the arrow would have been on-fire, that would have been somethin' Drezy.

drezy and Phosphene like this.
  10. Inger

Inger Silver

I had an Huyndai i30, 2008. Diesel, automatic. It had very little radiation! I loved that car! It was really a good and easy one. Now, as it had driven over 200 000 km I changed it into an Opel Vectra, Diesel, automatic, 2003. It has also quite little radiation, when I have the lights off. When I have them on, it has more. Thankfully you are allowed to drive lights off at daytime in Germany :). But RF is great, only magnetic is elevated then. But the Huynday was even better, and great motor too, not much to repair and not expensive :)

I have a good friend that drives a Porsche Jeep... and we recently measured his car.. it was horrible!!! All was on max.. magnetic.. RF... He has an old Porsche cabriolet too and he now borrows my meters to measure if it has less but I am very sure, it has no tech at all :). So he said he has to drive his old Porsche more.. ;)

11. drezy

drezy New Member

@Gina R

Inger has your answer to:
    I think many people can tell you which vehicles to avoid, but to truly know which ones are good you have to measure them. I don't see any way around that.

Caveat: I'm a guy that takes meters to Home Depot to test out in store before purchases. Once you give up trying to look sane to the masses it gets easy.

Gina R, Mike David, Alex97232 and 2 others like this.
  12. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I saw this yesterday and immediately coveted it. (Though how can a car labeled “Del Sol” not have a sunroof? Maybe it’s an option. Ah, now I see, it’s semi-convertible.)

Actually I’m way too practical for a two-seater, but it’s cute nonetheless. And probably low-tech.

Gina, I don’t think you can go wrong with an older base-model Honda or Toyota. Tons out there, easy to repair, and decent gas mileage.

61A44267-5A7E-4DA9-B63D-227BCFE6C4FC.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Gina R likes this.
  13. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Being tanned makes you stand out in most buildings anyway.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  14. drezy

drezy New Member

Them: "Your so tan Did you just get back from vacation?"
    Me not trying to save the whole world: "Ummmm, yeah that's it."

Confirm biases and get speedier conversations.

KrusinWitchie and Phosphene like this.
  15. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Thanks Lee for your detailed report.

Your observations about major highways being EMF death corridors is spot on. Folks should remember that fact when they relocate to more rural areas. If they still have to run into towns and cities for supplies, services, and visit friends/families then they still have to run the gauntlet of one death tower after another, to and from.

I wonder what the health effects might be if you are cocooned safely in an EMF quiet spot for weeks and then you subject your body periodically to hours or days of EMF hot zones in cities. Will some get sick after excursions to urban areas? I wonder.

Perhaps one day there will a huge demand and outcry for more 'EMF Quiet Zones' like the National Radio Quiet Zone (NRQZ) established by the FCC in West Virginia. The reason NRQZ was established was to protect radio telescopes there from interference from modern radio devices.

Phosphene likes this.
  16. Eric Waldron

Eric Waldron New Member

So Savannah was a good spot testing wise?

Gina R likes this.
  17. Love this thread by the way
    did you check any of the other cities in Louisiana? Jack said Metarie was bad
    I'm surprised Savanah was low, there is a major SOCOM base there in the midst of it all.
    I too am prepping to load up the truck and move away from Beverly, hills that is with that EMF, toxic place
    As a side note, I think if you just attend a few of the American Academy of Enviromenal Medicine shows you will learn all the really practical stuff you need to know, good people they are

Brett

Phosphene, Paleodocteur and Gina R like this.
  18. Gina R

Gina R New Member

Yup, I definitely don't care about looking sane to the masses...I'm definitely over that:)

Phosphene, Jenelle and drezy like this.
  19. Gina R

Gina R New Member

Where are you headed Brett?

20. Gina R

Gina R New Member

So...I had to make a quick decision before my road trip. Good-bye Prius. I got a 2009 Toyota Rav4 no bluetooth.

Phosphene likes this.