1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

24 hour urine for hormone profile

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Glamazon, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

My visit with my Nurse Practitioner for BHRT was interesting today. She has been an NP for 30 years and this is what she does. The visit cost was $98 for about 20 minutes. That's all I am really using her for at this point. The office was extremely busy and I had to wait an hour before I could see her.

She was a bit alarmed but hid it well when I told her I was taking such large doses of D and also of DHEA (200 mg) So we are going to get some basic labs done and after that is finished we are going to sit down and talk long term. She suggested I go for the gold and get the 24 hour urine for hormone profile. She is able to offer it for almost half the price of what LEF offers. $224 versus $399. http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/ItemLCM4098/Urinary-Hormone-Profile-24-hour-Urine-Test.html

She is worried I may have compromised my liver with my self dosing and I could have. So...good to have testing done.

I was not aware there was a 24 hour urine profile for hormones that even existed. Any thoughts on it? Thanks, Susan

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

There is but urine testing is not so great.......why? it is the excreted ultrafiltrate after it has gone through your system.......there is no way to accurately assess how your body is using its hormones using it. It is akin to trying to fine tune a Ferrari by looking only at its exhaust.......you get some insights but you pushing a 2000 ton bolder up a hill biologically to me..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.