1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

24 hour hormone urine panel

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by mamadell, Apr 13, 2015.

1. mamadell

mamadell Gold

Just had this urine panel done to access my hormone levels and pathways as since i have moved to AZ from NY 8 years ago....my hormones have been going hay wire !
    Been following the epi paleo rx for about a year now and just started CT
    my lipid levels are rather high....347 total cholesterol over 100 oxidized LDL level
    very high SHBG levels as well
    seems i am not converting cholesterol to pregnenolone very well and looking for some insight or resources
    any insight would be appreciated
    i have attached my test below

Attached Files:

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

mamadell
    Alice
    [​IMG]
    http://www.alignwithlife.com/
    http://alphabioticinfo.com/

Current Therapies / Protocols: BHRT

Please describe your BHRT protocol.
    ----------------------------------------------
    describe menstruating or not
    ----------

cortisol low
    cortisol does not follow circadian rhythm
    pregnanediol (representing progesterone) below range
    melatonin very low below range
    DHEAs very low
    E1, E2 below range
    E3 is 5x over top range, may possibly explain very high SHBG
    testosterone below range
    5a-DHT below range

There is oral Pg (100mg) mentioned, are you taking 100mg/day progesterone
    ============================================================================
    Please look at my posts here:
    http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/

get:
    http://spectracell.mybigcommerce.com/tests/
    Micronutrient Test
    Cardiometabolic Panel

get:
    LONG LIST for LabCorp (minus PSA that is for men only)
    or
    at first approach just get from that list
    thyroid tests (items 27-34)
    and
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

if menstruating, and getting estradiol & progesterone, and LH & FSH testing, glucose, do blood draw on 2-4 day, 7:30AM, fasting
    otherwise 7:30AM, fasting

Please do not eat fish oil or krill oil supplements
    but
    eat seafood.
    ================================================================================
    Lets start with low hanging fruit:

1/eod-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)
    start with selenium first, 2-4 weeks latter start (slowly) Lugol's
    1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/Lugols-Iodine-Family-Pack-bottles/dp/B001RRP3FW

Iodine/iodide is heavily associated with thyroid hormones.
    That may skew opinions.
    Note
    thyroid holds 50mg iodine
    whole body holds 1500mg iodine
    says
    dr Jorge Flechas

50mg/day may be high dose but it takes
    3-4 years of excess iodine to clear bromine
    see his video on page 2
    http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-2

4/day Biotic Research Bio-D-Mulsion Forte, 1drop=2000iu Vit D
    take it daily or split dose to 2x/day
    we are actually chasing D3,sulfate
    best use lots of sunlight anyhow, plus lots of garlic, onions and some MSM

DHEA pills, I like lef.org, take enough to get on blood test
    DHEAs Women 275-400 μg/dL
    start with 50mg/day titrated via blood tests (I am taking now 300mg/day, at time 400mg/day, dr Kruse reported 500mg/day during some of his hacks)

http://www.amazon.com/Nutricology-P...ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1429018316&sr=1-

3&keywords=NutriCology+Pregnenolone
    Nutricology Pregnenolone 150 Mg Sustained Release Tablets, 60 Count
    if you are taking any progesterone or cortisol, consider transition to NutriCology+Pregnenolone
    start with 1 pill either in the morning or when your cortisol is missing the most, afternoon. For now taking it at noon may be the best.
    Or 1-2 hr before you expect to get tired and sleepy.
    (carefully titrate your dose, but keep in mind that I was taking 900mg/day for long time)
    (75yo man, white Caucasian, 5'9" 155#)

To titrate to better dose quicker do this blood tests at LabCorp, at first every 2 weeks then monthly, then sometimes, then 1/year.

1 ------- Pregnenolone, Mass Spectrometry--Test Number: 140707 CPT Code: 84140
    4 ------- Progesterone--Test Number: 004317 CPT Code: 84144
    5 ------- Cortisol, Free, Serum, With CBG (Endocrine Sciences) Test Number: 500440 CPT Code: 82533; 84449
    6 ------- Cortisol, AM & PM Test Number: 104000 CPT Code: 82533(x2) (7:30AM, 12PM)
    7 ------- Corticotropin Releasing Hormone (CRH)
    8 ------- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate--Test Number: 004020 CPT Code: 82627

goals:
    pregnenolone equal or below top of range
    cortisol 7:30AM at top range or minimally above
    DHEAs Women 275-400 μg/dL

I have made a table (below). It have optimal values for healthy men.
    It is close enough for women.
    Note
    that
    When considering major steroid hormones as 100%
    DHEAs part is 95%
    cortisol part is 4.25%
    the other (important) hormones have much much lower participation.
    This is to say that before you will worry about smaller details, it makes sense to worry about this two elephants first.

[​IMG]

//////////////////////////////////////

[​IMG]
    look at the colors
    you want to make sure that you are exposed to blue from sunrise to sunset
    you want to avoid blue (and some green) after sunset
    sleep in total darkness within 10PM-sunrise
    and all the other good stuff that dr Kruse teaches us

//////////////////////////////////////
    You have 5x more of E3 estriol than the max that you should ever have.
    That may also be a reason for your high SHBG
    Do not use chemicals that lower SHBG.
    The other estrogens E1 & E2 are currently low. For now leave it alone. May change after DHEAs and cortisol and progesterone are better.

Aromatase, 5Ar (enzymes) affect, make them lower when suppressed, E1, E2, DHT
    Are you eating anything, food, herbs, medicine that may affect this two enzymes??
    Take a good look.

Look at chart below.
    E3 is excreted via
    -glucuronidation
    -methylation
    -sulfation
    (excretion through urine and bile)

Do you have any missing body parts?

-glucuronidation
    eat broccoli, cabbage, all cruciferous vegetables, add to that some pills of calcium-D-Glucarate

-sulfation
    eat sulfur containing vegetables, onion, garlic, leeks, MSM
    get good levels of DHEAs(sulfate), D3,sulfate, cholesterol,sulfate

-methylation
    do not get lost in details, do pronto Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis, that gives you picture of 35 micronutrients that otherwise takes 100 years to figure. Start making list of supplements based on deficiences identified by Spectracell. Repeat Spectracell tests every 6 months until stabilized, then 1x/year.

you are not what you eat, you are what you assimilate
    do not eat any statins for your high cholesterol
    check if you have H-Pylori
    do you have heartburn? if yes do not eat acid lowering medicines or otc
    you may have low stomach acid
    either have it checked or just try
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00068IY0O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Country Life - Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin 600 mg. - 250 Tablets
    With each meal take one tab and see how you react to it.
    Every day or so increase by one tab, until you feel warmth in you belly,
    if so, add some food, next time take a less.
    It is conceivable to need 10 (ten) tabs with each meal.

Bile acids may be considered.

Gut flora maintenance

Compare your diet and deficiencies identified by Spectracell.

Describe your self and your health. More info ----> more ideas.

Good luck, Alice

I am not a doctor, take all this for what it is worth.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    mamadell and fitness@home like this.
  4. mamadell

mamadell Gold

wow !! thank you so much for taking time out to put together all this info.....very grateful
    have been on BHRT for a year now ....a combination of testosterone 1.25 mg , estriol 2 mg and progesterone 50 mg
    taken once daily in the morning...compounded at a pharmacy in Colorado called Belmar ..they use a BLA system which utilizes the lymph system to absorb the compounded hormones
    http://www.belmarpharmacy.com/belmar_apart.htm

my doc here in Sedona suggested estriol to offset some of my peri-menopausal symptoms ie hot flashes,etc but , obviously as seen on my urine panel..my body was not processing the E3 and would explain why the levels are so high !

my cycles are irregular..my last one being in the beginning of January of this year... have stopped taking the BHRT for now because of the high E3 levels and started taking
    100 mg pregnenolone ( premier research brand ) and 25 mg of DHEA ( twice daily ) douglas labs micronized
    would consider BHRT again but my doc here is not very easy to work with so if i do, will have to find someone who will work with me and not feel like i am challenging their EGO

i know Dr. Kruse has mentioned that women should not supplement with testosterone until their PG/E2 ratio is correct....that is what i am trying to achieve
    i still am having hot flashes at night which wake me up every 1/2 hour so i don't sleep well at all right now
    my SHBG levels have been very high....over 150, for several years now. ....way, before i started taking BHRT

have been eating seafood every day....mostly sardines and wild alaskan cod, halibut and salmon
    was taking DHA oil as well....this one http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/brain-e-dha-K53-4oz-p-apex-energetics.html

have also been taking selenium 200 mcg and zinc 30 mg for a year now as my T3 levels have been low for many years
    just had a recent blood test after taking the above and my thyroid levels had not improved...conversion issue
    reserve T3 13 ng/dl reference range 8-25
    free T3 1.8 pg/ml range 1.8 - 4.6
    free T4 1.3 ng/ml range 0.9 -1.7
    TSH 1.28 uIU/ml range 0.27 -4.2
    TPO AB 8 IU/ml range 0 -34

my ratio between my reverse T3 and free T3 is 13.8 would like to see it above 20
    i believe my FREE T3 should be about 3 and my FREE T4 around 1.5 or higher
    aren't T3 and Vit. A required to convert LDL to pregnenolone ?

my LDL levels are quite high at 253 and again the Oxidized LDL level is over 100 which i know indicates inflammation
    other notable lab values
    homocysteine is 7.7 umol/L range 0.0 -15.0
    HS-CRP 0.7 mg/L
    Vit D 58 which i know is low also....would like for it to be closer to 80-100
    get plenty of sun here

just started implementing ways to mitigate EMF exposure in my home... turn all wi -fi off at night
    and am not on my computer at all during the evening....go to bed pretty early and up at dawn but , then again, right now , i am not sleeping well because of extreme hot flashes
    don;t have a smart meter but it is a digital meter so will probably get it swapped out for an analog meter or get a smart guard to put over the meter
    unfortunately, i do live close to overhead power lines and there are 13 cell towers and 88 antennas in my area, which is not horrible but not great either

have all my body parts :)
    and, feel like i eat a lot of high sulfur foods ...but, maybe, i'm not breaking down the sulfur ? will have to look at my 23 and me gene test
    don't have any heartburn but, i know i don't have enough HCL
    been working with Tim Jackson off and on and a stool test that i did showed that i had a very high level of mycoplasma in my stool
    also showed lack of HCL
    i know that i homozygous for the gene COMT and HLA which , i believe slows down my ability to detox molds and estrogen and even cholesterol
    so.....for awhile i was taking large amounts of phosphatidylcholine and ox bile , interfase plus ( to break down bio-film ) and a few other supplements
    i just did another stool test....waiting for the results to see if the mycoplasma level is lower
    feels like the mycoplasma issues and candida has been lingering for 30 years and i keep taking supplements but i'm not getting to the root of the problem
    keep showing up ...no matter what i do
    I do know that i feel better when i'm at the ocean ...so, perhaps a move...one day
    i used to live on the ocean when i lived in NY but was always at work ( and, a very stressful environment ) so, wasn't really able to take advantage of the negative ions or non EMF exposure

Still in the process of reading and listening to the plethora of info and webinars represented here and have a lot to learn but i am committed to feeling my best
    every day !!
    Sedona is very healing in many ways but also very intense in other ways ..so, sometimes, it's hard to live here full time

thank you again for all the info you posted ....will go thru it all and make changes as needed
    very grateful !!!!

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

free T3 1.8 pg/ml range 1.8 - 4.6

that is super low, should be 3.5 or more
    since you are already up on selenium, consider Lugol's as suggested, right away,
    When starting Lugols, monitor your pulse and temperature.
    There is always a chance that you may turbo-charge on T3 for a little bit.

What is your body temperature?
    -----------------
    consider not using any supplemental E3 or testosterone (at this time)

consider concentrating on supplementing with
    Lugol's
    pregnenolone from Nutricology
    DHEA
    Betaine HCL (------->>mycoplasma issues and candida)
    observe light (Circadian Rhythm)
    do Spectracell tests as suggested then post results

leave the rest to float and balance itself

After you are full of Lugol's and have good cortisol and DHEAs (tested as I suggested)
    have a script ready, so when you start menstruating, do blood test on day 2-4
    as I suggested.
    You can arrange for script for testing at LabCorp from variety of internet services.
    Get familiar with that.

All above you can accomplish all by your own self.
    No need for doctor or any prescription medicine (at this time).

==================
    Preferably you want vit D from sun, lying mostly naked on wet ground

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    mamadell and fitness@home like this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold