1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

23andme

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by nonchalant, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Huck

Huck Silver

Has anyone figured out how to download the 23andme data to use in promethease? I send a request to 23andme, but the return email said it would take 3-5 days before I get a response.

ETA: I found it.

Go to account at the top of page and select browse raw data. Your data will now display. To the right of the words browse raw data is a box with a down arrow and the words download raw data. Click that. You will be prompted for password and some other info. That's it.

Then open promethease and view the videos if you need help.

2. Joann

Joann New Member

I have been going through my 23 and me results. Not sure what to think about

some of the results. One is surprising ...pointing to diabetes since I don't have diabetes and don't know anyone in my family ever having diabetes???

Maybe whatever my family did didn't turn it on?

another is being a fast metabolizer .......if I drink coffee late It keeps me up

I actually do half decaf/half regular so as not to jack me up.

How are you all fairing with the results? making sense with what you already know

about your body?

really curious

Joann

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ok.. for those who've had Jack analyze their 23&me how'd you make that work????

4. I send him my login info and he logged on and took a look

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

got it... now if I could just remember my answer to my secret question... ughhhhhhhh

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ok... I'm laughing at the traits - it says I'm a sprinter... BAHWHAHAHAHAAHAH... not even close!

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

But I get a win - I'm resistant to Norovirus... if anyone has any noro-tainted oysters please send them my way!

8. I'm jealous......I want oysters!!!!

I did the same with the password and login. It was really easy!

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I sent them a request to re-set it... I hope it works... I took advantage of the $99 special - so he can give me more info on what we're working to fix....

10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

its official I'm Locked out of 23&me - and I can't reset my pw b/c I can't remember my secret question... freaking automated reset totally effed me over... grrrrrr

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

finally after constant badgering they re-set my entire account... ughhh TPITA

12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

now I'm laughing at 23&me b/c it say I have slightly curlier hair than normal - WFT? last time I looked in the mirror I had stick straight hair that was baby fine. no curls heck it won't even hold a curl from a perm for more than a week!

13. freesia

freesia Old Member

I installed firefox and the snptips add on. So now I can read medical papers and when they talk about a specific polymorphism (assuming it's on my 23andme chip) I click it and see whether that polymorphism applies to me or not.

I sent the sample so I could analyse my methylation pathway and other detox pathway snps. I have help to do that. But I'm really keen to know if there are others I should be especially interested in. Especially related to cell membranes/signalling. I'll get there, but it's really, really time consuming!

14. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Gretchen, have you ever used coconut oil in your hair? I had board straight hair for decades, resistant to perms. This January I started using CO, and voila! Slightly curly hair. The curl got stronger with time, until I had my hair colored. Back to straight hair. But now, after a couple months, the curl is creeping back. Yay!!! I lost my curly hair when I was 5 years old. I credit better nutrition, but I'm not sure how the curl gets to the bottom of my longish hair. That hair should be from my SAD days. Whatever, I'll take it!

15. Joann

Joann New Member

Would this work on a Mac? I would like to know more about my methylation pathway and detox. Firefox and an add on do you have a link?

much appreciated

16. Joann

Joann New Member

see you haven't reached your potential......lol!

ya, it said I am no sprinter haha

17. It said I should have straight hair and my hair is Julia Roberts curly!!! But I am a sprinter....it was right there!

18. chocolate

chocolate Silver

My kid supposedly has curly hair also... straight and never a hint in my entire family. Dropping braids doesn't leave a wave for more than half an hour, even in arid temps. My husbands sisters ironed theirs to straighten it. Who knows?

19. Of course for us gals, we only have info from our mom's side of the family. Maybe our other chromosome is where we were influenced in the incorrect features.

20. Joann

Joann New Member

Not sure about that. think mtdna applies to ancestry but the other is both sides ...23 pairs...23 and me.