1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

23andme

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by nonchalant, Apr 27, 2012.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

My son got the results of his 23andme test. Kinda fun. I didn't know I married into royalty. :)

We can look up the maternal and paternal haplogroups in Wikipedia, which tells us the various polymorphisms in the various numbered genes. Where can we go to translate this into useful information?

2. Owl

Owl New Member

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Thanks, Owl.

4. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Have either of you used the Promethease program? I just downloaded it, but can't figure out how to use this with my 23andme results. It's asking for me to load a genotype file, but I didn't receive an actual file from 23andme - I just see where I can view individual results on the site?? Not sure what any of this means and for $200 I'd like to know what I'm looking at!

5. I just ordered my test. They have it back. We want to get one for my husband too, but when I went on it was now $300! instead of the $99 I paid, plus the monthly subscription fee.

Are there coupon codes or anything you guys have ?

Are you getting anything actionable out of this?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

everyone will get information from it.......to make it actionable this is where the quantified testing platform and see where it takes it.

7. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I paid $200 a few weeks ago, but I see that the price has apparently increased now. I haven't been able to find any coupon codes.

I am finding the info interesting, but I wish I knew more about how to interpret some of it. I'm planning on scheduling a consult with Dr. K as soon as I get some other labs back, so hopefully he can make sens of it for me!

8. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Same here. I need my son.

9. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

Hubby and I have wanted to do this but it keeps falling lower on the list as I test and work on more immediate health concerns. I was feeling bummed to see that the price went up, but I just hopped over to the site and it looks like while the new pricing is more $ upfront, but one no longer has to get a subscription and will continue to receive updates over time.

10. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

Just saw my results. Now how to figure out how to apply them for optimal benefit.

11. It's official! I don't exist!

They can't get DNA from my spit! I have a long history of this kind of weirdness. I am going to presume I'm an evolved hominid, perhaps even the choosen one. Perhaps I am borg.

For fun:

1. When I tried to get my Real Estate license the 1st time, they could not get fingerprints that worked. It took 9 months and several try's and waits, and I ended up having to have the FBI to a real background check. Cost a boatload of $ and 9 months of WAITING.

2. Last 2 visits to docs, nobody could get a reading on my blood pressure.

3. Heart rate was below 60 and the nurse (same one couldn't get blood pressure) was weirded out.

4. Last blood draw required 4 people and 5 sticks in several locations.

3. 23andme says I have no DNA!

Poop. Perhaps all this ice bath is sending me into hibernation.

12. LinD

LinD New Member

Unreal, Cavemam!

13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

So do you get your $200 back?

14. MJ*

MJ* New Member

You are evolved...

15. JC2K

JC2K New Member

What's your White Blood Cell count like? I seem to remember it being mentioned in the past that 74 or 75% of the DNA content of spit come from WBC's.

16. Hmmmm. I AM very low in the blood department.

17. AmyK

AmyK New Member

Cavemam, you are the chosen one.

18. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

That is awesome. Maybe you evolved from a bacteria on the KT comet and are actually an alien.....that would be a great conversation starter

19. This really would explain so much!

20. lisaeh3

lisaeh3 Silver

You're freaking hilarious! Thanks for making my day! :)