1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

23andme testing

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by nicld, Jan 28, 2014.

1. nicld

nicld Gold

Ok, I got my 23andme results back and ran them through the MTHFRSupport app and if anyone has any insight into what they mean I would greatly appreciate it. I will be trying for a consult with Dr Tim to decipher them a little more maybe next month as will as doing more research on the results. These are all the ones below are ones that showed up red.

DETOX
    CYP1B1 L432V
    NAT1 A803G
    SOD2
    SOD2 A16V
    CTH S4031I
    RARA

Allergy Mold
    No red but both HLA yellow

IgE
    No reds

IgG
    FCGR2A
    IRF5

CLOTTING FACTORS
    CEPT
    ITGB3 T196C

METHYLATION
    BHMT-08
    COMT H62H
    COMT V158M
    MAO A R297R
    MTHFD1 C105T
    MTHFR C677T
    NOS2 (BOTH)

MITOCHONDRIAL FUNCTION
    ONLY 3 YELLOWS, REST GREEN

OTHER IMMUNE FACTORS
    ATG16L1 (I think this one is for Chrohns)

SULFONOTRANSFERASE
    SULT1A1

I will work on getting a summary of the stuff that 23andme provided but I do remember that I am 99.7% of European ancestry (duh).

It also said that I did not have a genetic risk of celiac but I do have it. Which makes one wonder how much more power environment has over genetics (huge I think).

Thanks

Nicole

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

The MTHFR support app gives a spreadsheet. You can click on one column in that spreadsheet to open a browser window to some relevant research on SNPedia.

Yes, my problem with 23andme is that they don't seem to realize that genes can be activated or deactivated based on your environment.