1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

23andme - now what?

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Lyndra, Jan 8, 2013.

1. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Oh lucky you!

Well, since this thread was originally about 23andme ... good news THEY FINALLY have my sample marked as "in analysis" which is probably where I should be.

Back to the tangent ... I just checked the United website and it's NO on the airline miles. A ticket from Billings will be min of $350, from Sheridan a min of $750. So I would get to drive 125 miles (hopefully without a blizzard going on) to save $300 and hope the plane doesn't fall off the Rims before it gets airborne. something I don't worry about in good weather but is a distinct possibility in bad. They actually did have a plane go off the rim a couple of years ago.

DARN IT! I was so looking forward to harassing and hassling Jack in person. SPRINGTIME in Denver, anyone??

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I would love to - but can't swing it right now - even if I give up eating! I am still hoping for Disney in December to celebrate Darlees's birthday! I seem to have invited myself to your birthday party Darleen - but - Jack did say we have to dream BIG! I just noticed you have a lovely new pic - where is the snowmobile and the snowsuit???

3. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Lack of snowmobile and snowduds is a big fat hint. And of course you're invited to my party! The more the merrier.

Pic was taken at Disneyworld, Dec 2007, and minus about 50 pounds that I'm lugging around AGAIN.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

One day soon - that 50 pounds will walk away and never be seen again [​IMG]

5. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I just got an e-mail from 23andme:

Due to high holiday volume, your sample will likely take additional time to process. Your results are estimated to be available by 01/29/13.

It was sent out on 12/127/12, so it takes more time now.

6. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Yeah Destiny I figured that was going to happen. That drop in price sent a lot of people running at them with their credit cards out. I'm trying not to grumble too much. Fire signs do not understand the word "patience."

7. Destiny

Destiny New Member

You are right, Darlene. Due to the drop in the price, I hoped that maybe they got some new technology that speeds it up and makes it cheaper. I guess we have to be happy with the cheaper and grow some patience!

8. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

When I got my results recently, they had disease risk and SNPs but didn't have the ancestry piece done, that came a few days later. So I think they are trying to prioritize what people are most interested in seeing. I know it's hard to wait, though!

9. Aussie Nana

Aussie Nana New Member

I'm also waiting for 23&me results. They received ours on 11 January so it seems it might be the end of Feb before we get results rather than the 4 weeks we hoped for.

10. HelenaVon

HelenaVon New Member

I just sent in my 23andme test yesterday.
    Should be fun to see the info. Even the part about where we came from! :)

11. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Finally got my 23andme in. How do we send in the info when we do a consultation? Is there an easy page to cut-and-paste from, or to download results into an emailable file?

12. When I have done my consults I had a unique username and password specifically for the doc and he could view the info as he saw fit. Also if you have submitted your info into geneticgenic.org, I would turn those results into PDFs and send in with all other paperwork so he has the specific methylation and detox gene info handy. It's too hard to pull that off of 23andme on the fly.

13. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

MamaGrok...I just sent him my password and he opened it during a consult.

14. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Thank you!!

15. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

For those that have not heard....23andme is now $79.00 according to Dr. Ben Lynch.

16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

That would be awesome! They haven't updated their website yet, still shows $99.