1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

2013 Lab Results and link to 2011/2012 Labs

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by MsYo, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

post supplements/medicines taken
    Code:

2/24/2014    Quest Diagnostics       
    sodium    137       
    TSH    0.26       
    FT3    3       

pregnenolone    375    (7-188)    reduce supplemental pregnenolone
    progesterone     10.4    ng/mL    add 100mg/bed time Prometrium,
    may have to do it EOD in first half of cycle, then ED.
    (spell out what day of menstrual cycle the blood was drawn.
    What is your cortisol,serum(7:30AM)????????

testosterone    34    (2-45)   
    FreeT    2.3    (0.1-6.4)   
    zinc    9.2    (9-14.7)        add 90mg/day tablets

DHEA    251    (102-1185) ng/dL   Get tested for DHEAs, aim at DHEAs~400ug/dL
    Estrone    83        (spell out what day of menstrual cycle
    the blood was drawn.
    Estradiol    101        pg/mL

Hemoglobin    11.6       
    HCT    36.1       
    MCV    75.3    (80-100)   
    MCH    24.1    (27-33)    Thorne Methyl-Guard Plus  3/day
    MCHC    32    (32-36)   
    RDW    17.8    (11-15)    Thorne Methyl-Guard Plus  3/day, gluten free diet

iron total    43    (40-175)        on previous test you had 71,
    check for internal bleeding after gastric bypass. Eat 15 tabs/day of UNILIVER,
    also, eat liver often
    recheck in 3 months (iron, saturation, Hgb, HCT)
    Iron Binding Capacity    475    (250-450)   
    saturation    9    (15-50   

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  3. MsYo

MsYo Silver

JanZ
    No new cortisol results yet. In process results coming.
    Labs drawn on Day 21-22 of cycle. (Day 21 was Sunday/labs drawn on Monday am)
    Pregnenolone supplementation reduced after lab results to 150mg daily. Will go back on UNILIVER not sure why the drop in iron other than longer periods (5-6 days average). Currently on gluten free diet but that did not happen until January 2014.
    Can I buy prometrium online without a script?

4. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Prescriptions
    Nature Throid 3.5 grains morning dose

BHRT-- NatureGest progesterone cream applied once daily mornings

Supplements
    MLM Pregnenolone 300mg daily (reduced to 150mg after lab results)
    Selenium (200mg/twice daily)
    82mg Lugols (morning dosing)
    Carnitine (1000mg morning/pre-lifting dose)
    CLA (morning and pre-lifting dose/2 capsules not sure of exact dosage)
    Metagenics folapro 800mgs (2 x's)
    Coconut Oil capsules (2/twice a day)
    Boulouke (2 tabs/twice a day/was not taking these as of last labs/just restarted)
    Vitamin D3 (10000iu/every 3 days since labs drawn)
    ATP Cofactors (2/day)
    Cytozyme AD (2/twice daily)

Recently added after last doctor's visit
    Methyl B12
    B Complex Plus (Pure Encapsulation)

Products I was taking twice daily after hair analysis. Phasing these products out but was dosing when the labs were drawn.
    http://www.arltma.com/Supplements/Product_Catalog/index.html
    Megapan
    Endo-Dren
    Thyro-Complex
    LimComin
    Potassium tabs (3/twice daily)

I currently workout daily (weightlifting/bodybuilding) and perform limited cardio (45mins/4x's week). I drink only RO/Spring water.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You can get progesterone over internet.
    Your very low iron is old story at least since 2011 as you posted on previous thread.
    It is about time to take care of it.
    Look at ingredients in
    Thorne Methyl-Guard Plus, and possibly replace this with the other similar pills you are already taking.
    Consider eating coconut oils by tablespoons rather than pills.
    In my local Asian stores I have 16oz cans with fresh pre-shucked oysters.
    They are only $9.50/can, To fill up that can I would need 3-3.5 dozens of live oysters.
    I am eating them raw, no problems.
    -----------------------
    day 21,22, desirable levels=
    estradiol 140pg/mL
    prog 14ng/mL

day 2-4, desirable levels=
    estradiol 40 pg/mL
    prog 1.5ng/mL
    -----------------------------
    blood taken on day 21-22
    desirable E2=140 you got 101
    desirable progesterone=14 you got 10.4

When you will reduce pregnenoloneMLM by one pill, your progesterone will also drop.
    But you are taking NatureGest progesterone cream applied once daily mornings
    Consider doubling the dose.
    Overall, now your p/e situation should be improved but is far from critical at this time of your menstrual cycle.
    Consider checking where you are on day 2-4.

If you get Prometrium or similar, they come in 100mg and 200mg gelcaps.
    You may try:
    pregMLM(wakeup)+prometrium(bed time) as your basic two
    and possibly additional prometrium on days 18-24, or NatureGest progesterone.
    Overall you are attempting to aproximate progesterone curve on this chart:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/Hormones_estradiol,_progesterone,_LH_and_FSH_during_menstrual_cycle.svg

Please clarify your DHEAs situation.

==============

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  6. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Thanks JanZ....... I appreciate the feedback.

I'm going back on the UNILIVER asap this will help with my strength training too. My doctor gave me ferritin tabs but I wasn't diligent with taking them (not sure why). I have not checked for internal bleeding. I know Gastric bypass creates a "Mal absorption" environment in the gut. I will investigate furthur. Pre-shucked oysters..... will look for them.

Re @ DHEA's --- I forgot that I supplement with 100mg DHEA but the levels are not increasing. Nearing the end of the bottle. I will measure my DHEA/Cortisol with a saliva with Pharmasen Labs http://pharmasan.com/testing.php?CatID=6&CatName=Hormones (saliva) I may just self test the Cortisol since this exam is less expensive and the Pharmasen will be an out of pocket expense.

What do you suggest? A better DHEA?

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I have personal experience with two types of DHEA pills.
    Looking at my blood test results, there is small difference between them.
    So it may be important to keep the same brand.

I have a problem in deciding about your DHEAs status.

There is
    DHEAs
    and DHEA
    you tested for DHEA,serum (and you are low on it, low within range).

Think of DHEAs ar analogus to TotalTestosterone
    Think of DHEA as analogus to FreeTestosterone
    Similar but different.

You are taking 100mg/day DHEA pills, that is sizeable dose (for a girl)
    I am 165# man, I need to use 200mg/day now, but was using 400mg/day
    ------------
    Your zinc is low, if you implement my suggestion above, it may affect your testosterone and DHEA/DHEAs
    Your
    testosterone 34 (2-45)
    FreeT 2.3 (0.1-6.4)

You could improve there.

My first choice would be to have DHEAs,serum test.
    But with all above, you likely may increase your daily dose from 100 to (125-150)mg/day
    and do tests latter.
    -------------------
    I currently use
    DHEA 50mg Micronized Lipid Matrix from Allergy research
    previously I was using
    100mg or 50mg DHEA from lef.org

//

8. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Could my stagnant dheas be related to my adrenal fatigue and chronic stress? I am frustrated with some areas of my life often. I hoped that my heavy lifting would improve those numbers. I have upped my zinc and back in uniliver today. Strangely, my period came early at day 23. Maybe it's a seasonal shift?

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That is speculation.
    It is better to take a blood do the test and find out your DHEAs.
    Besides, most population is low on DHEAs.

When you look at major parts of (good) steroid hormone panel and assume it as 100% by weight,
    DHEAs part is 95% (by weight).
    So it is an elephant in the room worthy attention.

[​IMG]

10. MsYo

MsYo Silver

**** Is this the serum blood test?*** I'm going to ask my primary care doc for this ASAP.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

12. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Just did labs yesterday and received a phone call from the doctor. Suggested I see a GYN and GI doctor and up my iron. Seems he suspects internal issues due to my consistant low iron. Researching.... Will post labs as soon as the doctors office sends them. These labs were taken on day 4 of cycle instead of day 21. More to follow

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hi

----------

14. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Hi JanSz! It seems your recommendation came sooner than my doctors. My iron has dropped since the last labs. I don't know why as I don't detect any excessive bleeding. My cycle came at 23 days for 2 months and then 46 days this month. I suspect that the drop in iron and hormones may be the cause. I am concerned since I started a consistent workout program that may have an impact. I'm taking opitferrin (4-2x/day as of yesterday) and also taking SSS tonic. My vitamin d dropped from 84 to 53 also.

15. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Here are the preliminary results. I have malabsorption issues created by the gastric bypass. I'm now taking SSS tonic and Optiferin-C for iron supplements. I am gluten free since earlier in the year. I don't have an appointment with the GI doctor until July.

Attached Files:

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You have pending many results.
    Lets wait until they come.

Off hand,
    blood drawn on day #4 of cycle
    progesterone very low
    estradiol very low
    pregnenolone not tested but I assume it is low
    cortisol, AM/PM not tested (I assume low)

your heavy lifting is not helping (if your cortisol and DHEAs are low)
    I suggest
    pregnenolone Micronized Lipid Matrix from Nutricology
    to
    lift
    preg, prog and cortisol

DHEA pills as need to get to desirable levels (see post above).
    =========================
    Iron saturation=7 (alert)
    liver
    uniliver
    iron supplements

=====================
    B12 very high
    Folate very high

You have metabolic problem.
    Before you spend $$ on really qualified help
    if you are supplementing B12, stop
    watch out, many, most foods are fortified with folic acid.
    Avoid folic acid.

If above will end up that your next blood test have you at low B12 & folic acid,
    use
    Thorne Methyl Guard Plus
    If that does not help, seek expert help.

///

17. persistence

persistence New Member

MsYo, can you educate me about the value of using hair analysis for sodium / potassium balance issues instead of - for example - relying on a 24 hour urine collection to see how much you excrete and a serum blood measurement while fasting to see your current serum levels?

Would hair analysis also help with other electrolytes like magnesium and calcium?

Can you reference any good summaries online of this subject?

I happen to be looking at iodine use now, and I noticed your comment earlier in this thread about having fibroids. I am NOT recommending iodine at all, but you should listen to this audio interview and what is interesting is that one of the groups most-helped by iodine supplementation is women with fibroids. It apparently also reduces cancer risk in such women substantially. It is however a pretty serious therapy and can disregulate thyroid in about 10% of patients. So it needs supervision. Here is interview:

http://www.xpeditionstv.com/V2/

P.S., Try to ignore the very unfortunate advertising used on this show, which looks outright strange. :)

18. MsYo

MsYo Silver

My B12 has been historically high. I am an energy supplement addict (recovering). I switched from SF Red Bull to 5 Hour Energy. My doctor also gave me a methylated B12 that seemed to work wonderfully for a couple of weeks then I tanked. I suspect that was the time my iron dropped. I am stopping all B12 and more effort to STOP 5hour now that I know that my fatigue is from the low iron. My cortisol seems to have risen as I sleep throughout the night and awake at sunrise every morning. The exercise has helped my sleep and stress levels. I suspect a touch of overtraining as I was using a coach to help me with body recomposition. I was adapting his calorie recommendation to (EPI PALEO) but 2 weeks ago he added fasting cardio and more cardio type strength training. I know this wasn't the right thing for me but rather than whine I attempted. I have since modified my workouts.

I stopped DHEA and pregnenolone about 6 weeks ago. I have ordered both again and also the Thorne. Should I use the Thorne with my B12 being so high already? I suspect my RNY/gastric bypass has created a problem for me. Any susggestions for where I can research how to fix this?

19. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Hi Persistence,
    Thanks for the reference to iodine. I will take a look at that after work. I used iodine for a year 100mg/daily and my fibroids have shrunk tremendously. I am going to see my GYN next week for an ultrasound. I have recently started back using iodine (lugol's 5%) to ensure they don't come back.
    Re: Hair Analysis -- I've only done a hair analysis once. The results showed an issue with my sodium/potassium balance. Prior to the hair analysis I never paid attention to my labs for those minerals. I did the analysis as a way to establish a baseline. I don't have much reference on the subject but I did read Dr Wilson's online guide for reference although I'm not sure I can say all of his information is accurate (due to my limited knowledge).

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Do you happen to know your levels of
    Homocysteine, Plasma
    Folic acid

You may have methylation problem. Methyl-Guard Plus® may be able to help in simpler cases.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Methyl-Guard Plus®
    Three Capsules Contain:
    B2 Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 90 mg
    Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 45 mg
    Folate (as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 3 mg
    Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 3 mg
    TMG Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine) 1.8 g
    -----------------------------------------------

[​IMG]