1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

2013 Lab Results and link to 2011/2012 Labs

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by MsYo, Oct 28, 2013.

1. MsYo

MsYo Silver

45 Year Old woman. Peri-Menopausal. Fibroids. Former Endurance Runner. 12+ years post gastric bypass. 40lbs overweight (37.5%BF). Currently lift weights after 5pm - no cardio. Leptin Reset in progress. Former HCG user.

Supplements Using
    Lugol's 5% Solution 82-100mg daily
    Selenium (200mg/2x's daily)
    Vitamin D3 10000ius (slacked off dosing in summer hence the drop)
    Pregnenolone (Nutricology/150mg-- just restarted)
    Nature Throid (2 grains/T3 method)
    Boulouke (just started)
    Phosphodelserine PS (new)
    ATP Cofactors
    Cytozyme AD (adrenal fatigue)
    Magnesium (citrate-- theronate just started)
    SAM-e 800mg
    Prescript Assist Probiotic
    Rhodiola

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzXWlxIV-zQoZlVkTlVxbVQyNG8/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Lab info for reference/comparison
    http://www.jackkruse.com/forum/show...2011-Labs-versus-2012-Labs-Feedback-Requested

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Hey MsYo. I took a quick look - but I'll go back and look indepth tomorrow but here's what I saw

Vit D3 - is low
    LDL - is low
    HDL is good
    TRIGs are good
    your pregnenlone is low
    looks like you're showing some positive signs of Hashis b/c you're showing positve antibodies- I was confused b/c you had two TSH's drawn - one was above 1 and one was below 1. This is where I need to go back and re-look

your PG & E2 looks good. Unfortunately I don't know how to calculate a Pg/E2 ratio from saliva... off to figure that out after this

your DHEA-S is decent... and your ASI is a bit off so you need to mind the light.

I think you've got an altered circadian cycle, that's impacting your Vitamin A production, add that to your low Pregnenolone and LDL - I think you've got some pregnenonlone steal going on - but you are making some sex hormones - Unless that's all BHRT. I'm drawing a blank as to if you were taking BHRT -

More to follow but there's first crack!

3. Hope

Hope Gold

MsYo, how do you know your body fat? have you done the water test? or another ?

4. MsYo

MsYo Silver

I use a digital scale that provides a decently accurate reading based on your age/gender/activity level. I weigh 217lbs with a large/muscular bone structure. If I'm dehydrated my weight/bf% goes up and the water % (scale measures that too) goes down.

5. MsYo

MsYo Silver

My vitamin d3 was 72 before the summer. I slacked off supplementation to see how it would respond. Likely my office job and minimal sunlight in addition to EMF exposure caused it to drop. I'm now supplementing 10000iu daily. I'm going for a blood draw for my hormones this week with my primary care. I do use progesterone/BHRT creams dosing day 12-25 of my cycle. My cycle is about 28-32 days normally. I also was dosing K2 twice a day but need to reorder. My HsCRP was .4 earlier in the year and this last measure was 1.1
    My ASI has been challenged for some time now. Looking into the magnetico and other areas that can make an immediate impact.

6. MsYo

MsYo Silver

I'm going to have blood serum Pg/E drawn either on day 21 or Day 3-4 of my next cycle. Is there any preference? I'm getting into sync wth the Leptin Reset (4 meals) but I do notice the diminished cravings for carbs. My breakfast is later than I desire but working to get that fixed as well as other areas. I added Boron (evening) and Mg Theronate (morning) last week. I'm hoping the Boron will equalize my Estrogen levels. I need to start a Journal (ahh-haaaa moment).

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

CD21 is best b/c your Pg should be at its highest point...

8. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Today I did my labs on CD21. I also did a hair mineral analysis a week ago and should have the results soon. I'm anxious to see the results of the blood hormone panel as I am not confident in the saliva results of my estrogen. I'm feeling better but having significant weight fluctuations (+5-10lbs) which are likely due to dehydration and "carb creep". Sleep gets better and better.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Please do start a journal MsYo ......It is good for all of us to follow and try to figure out and hopefully be of some help to each other :) Are you doing the bootcamp with Dr. Jackson?

10. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  11. Jude

Jude Gold

Recently ...iirc either on circadian biohackers or blog JK basically said that taking Vit D3 during winter is a mismatch....our levels should rise in summer with exposure to sunlight...winter isn't the time for making D3...so, supplementing in summer is not a seasonal mismatch.....interesting?

12. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

Jack might chime in here, but iirc:

-AI, cancer and no CT = supplement D3 aggressively year round.
    -No chronic disease and lots of CT = no D3 supplementation in the dark months. Nitrous Oxide should do the trick.

13. Jude

Jude Gold

Thanks for chiming in CS....

14. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Thanks for your responses. I don't have chronic disease but I am African American, live in the midwest (Chicago), wear contact lenses, and I have no known AI but I haven't CT'd as much as I would like. My D3 levels drop easily so I am supplementing to keep them higher.

Any views on the Hair Analysis report that I recently posted?

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

MsYo

I am trying to figure out your

preg
    prog
    cortisol

It looks like (not sure) that you are supplementing with progesterone and are still low in morning cortisol.
    So you are looking for methods to increase cortisol.
    Meditation or whatever would work.

Over lat three years I (73yo man) have had good results supplementing with pregnenolone Micronize Lipid Matrix (from Nutricology).
    I use huge doses of pregnenolone. Much larger than what dr Tim Jackson mentioned recently in his booth-camp.
    I increase preg doses until my morning cortisol(7:30AM) is at the top level.
    I also observe free,serum Cortisol and aim at the top range.
    That way I do not have a problem of having plenty of cortisol.

Doing that my progesterone is very high.
    If I was a woman, that should please dr Kruse, per him, the more prog the better.

My current prog=2.9 that is over 2x of max laboratory range of 1.4 (for men of for woman in first half of cycle).
    But I had it at 4.4 without any negative observable sides.
    Again, I am doing it close to 3 years now.

If I read correctly, you are supplementing with progesterone in second half of cycle.
    Likely not enough, and totally neglecting first half of cycle.
    And you are supplementing with progesterone while pregnenolone may possibly do better job, plus, it may take care of a whole cycle.

If you are doing CT (like you should), there is a good possibility that you are washing of and wasting lot or most progesterone cream.

/////

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  16. MsYo

MsYo Silver

JanZ---

My morning cortisol is still low. I was using progesterone cream (50ml) on days 12-25 of my cycle and pregnenolone all month. It is likely my initial dose wasn't high enough 150-300mg (2tabs of nutricology). I am taking 600 mg daily. My CT has been lacking. I slacked off on the preg dosing prior to my labs in Aug/Sept. Maybe my pregnenolone is being directed to my dhea. (wild guess)

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You should not stop using pregnenolone or DHEA pills for the sake of laboratory testing.

There is a minimal chance that you will increase DHEAs by supplementing with pregnenolone (of any type),
    but by having low DHEAs you can waste lots of benefits that you would otherwise have from pregnenolone supplementation.
    You should make sure that you have a high DHEAs (Women 275-400 μg/dL), close to 400 better.
    You are menstruating woman.
    Theoretically, in first half of cycle (say 15 days) you should have progesterone at least 1.5ng/mL
    Going by my (I am man) personal experience, nothing bad is going to happen if you put high limit on progesterone:
    in first 15 days do not exceed progesterone,serum~5ng/mL
    keep increasing pregnenolone Micronized Lipid Matrix from Nutricology until
    1. your cortisol,serum(7:30AM)=(~20)ug/dL
    or
    2.progesterone level reaches ~5ng/mL
    At this time I would put maximum daily pregnenolone at 1200mg=8tabs, each 150mg

If that dose is still not giving you good cortisol, you may want to add
    prometrium (micronized progesterone) 100mg per gelcap.
    Prometrium may induce sleepiness, use at bed time

Again, establishing good DHEAs is first step.

I think that you should first work on first half of cycle.

-------------------

Have you ever done 24hr urine cortisol?

-------------------
    Note that I am using pills, nothing in any creams.

Because our group of people spends lots of time in the water (CT), transdermal applications of anything have less chance to work.

Besides, lots of people, specially those who still have thyroid problems, have difficulty in benefiting from transdermal applications even if they do not wash as frequently as we are. Their skin is harder to penetrate.

///

18. MsYo

MsYo Silver

19. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ms Yo!
    You've got some inflammation given the hsCRP and positive TPO, and the positive for the candida. your pregnenolone is looking good. DHEA-S is ok, not great, but I think you knew this. Your potassium is a bit boarder line... re-read redox potential... estradiol is high - driving your Pg:E2 to a ratio of 89. Testosterone looks good... LDL looks to be a bit low, HDL is looking good, and trigs are awesome!!!

if you can swing it. you might want to get a GI effects test to get a full picture of your gut health...

20. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Thanks Gretchen!
    I kinda suspected the inflammation had returned. My hair analysis alerted me to the potassium/sodium imbalance. My doctor suggested ALCAT last time. Is that different than the GI effects? I will do the GI Effects next since ALCAT is an out of pocket expense. I've been supplementing with DHEA and pregnenolone. I'm suprised the DHEA-S didn't move and the pregnenolone did. I'm hoping my cortisol is moving up (morning). I sense that it is. My estradiol was low on my last labs. I stopped using DIM. Perhaps I should restart. I know I have gut issues from the Gastric Bypass.

I'm off to re-read the Redox Rx and EE4 (referenced by Jack in my Optimal Journal).