1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

2012, 2013, 2014 Study Guide

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by kyrakitty, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Danica

Danica Gold

Thank you! I downloaded it but can't open it!:) Do you know what software is needed to open it?

2. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Since macOS comes with a resident unachiver, I am guessing you're on Windows. You'll need an unzip program.

You can download the free, open source 7-zip extractor at https://www.7-zip.org/.
    1. Download the 7-Zip 19.00 (2019-02-21) installer for your Windows CPU (32-bit or 64-bit).
      If you aren't sure which installer you need, see this help article.
    2. Navigate to your default downloads directory.
    3. Double-click the *.exe file to install it.
      The file will be named 7z1900-x64.exe if you downloaded the 64-bit version or 7z1900.exe if you downloaded the 32-bit version.
    4. After you've installed 7-zip, navigate to the location where you downloaded Six_Years_Free_Blogposts_11-July-2017.zip.
    5. Double-click Six_Years_Free_Blogposts_11-July-2017.zip to extract its contents.
    For step 5, if double-click does nothing, you might need to right-click the zip file and select "Open with" from the submenu, and then choose 7-zip as the default tool to use for unzipping. I'm really not sure--it's been over 10 years since I last used a PC or 7-zip.

If the 7-zip utility does not prompt you for an extraction location (i.e., it performs the unzip operation in your default downloads directory), you can move the directory/folder later.

Phosphene likes this.
  3. Danica

Danica Gold

Thank you so much Cuffy! I was able to open it now.

4. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Written like a veteran tech writer! :glasses:

This should be pinned. Is this still possible? @caroline

Cuffy likes this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think that is above my pay grade LOL. In other words - I don't know how.

Ask mission control ....it should be pinned for sure. I just wish I could understand what she said!!! Holy smokes!

I can't believe someone could follow those intricate instructions and managed to do it!

great job guys!