1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

15 year old who could use some advice!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Matty_M, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Alex97232

Alex97232 Gold

Penny, you are so wise. I always love to read and learn from your posts. Thank you.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Do and believe that which moves you toward your goals??? Everything emanates from there. Eliminate the necessary. Until you eliminate your own superfluous fears, you will never know your capabilities. If don’t want to be eliminated, you must be innovative. Update your knowledge and you won’t be outmoded.

Danny and caroline like this.
  3. Matty_M

Matty_M Purple Angel Club

I have had so much fun in Ecuador. Last night I obliterated the jet lag Rx and was way too drunk. Learned a great lesson. Drink consciously. I don't need to set a limit, but I'd like to be a bit more cautious.

Danny likes this.
  4. Matty_M

Just the thought of other people knowing more about quantum bio than me makes me want to keep learning. I feel like the padawan who one day hopes to surpass his master.

I have a meeting set with Dr. Wallace on the 25th. He seems very open to the possibility of me learning from him. I don't think there are any other people my age trying to learn from him out of pure interest and fascination. Helps my cause.

caroline, Danny, Phosphene and 2 others like this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

grashopper
    learning from Dr. Wallace would not be bad start for you.

Matty_M and Alex97232 like this.
  6. Penny

Penny New Member

You lucky ducky.... are you doing it at UCI? He seems to have a great sense of humor... I didn't think he had that whole charge separation of water thing down though and still thought ATPase was the energy currency of the cell?

7. Penny

Penny New Member

This is truly where I go to shit.... :)

Matty_M and Alex97232 like this.
  8. Matty_M

I'll share Ling and Pollock with him. He works at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

9. Penny

Penny New Member

I think Pollack thinks the cellular water is made by drinking it, rather than being the output from the mitochondria - of course, if you drink more water, less magnesium is lost and more ATP is made, but I think it's important to get that point across - a la protein folding diseases... the other thing you might mention to him is how (Jablonski diagrams) light affects transition metals and calcium and vitamin A/melanopsin - you will find these biochemists think that the sodium/potassium pump is the most vetted idea in biology... unless you absolutely understand and can chat about the charge separation of water, most biochemists will think it's woowoo - but you can still learn a lot about heteroplasmy from him and it's cool he will talk with you:)

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Sleep problems and internet addiction among children and adolescents: a longitudinal study http://snip.ly/899yi

Matty_M likes this.
  11. Matty_M

Just found out my mitochondrial haplotype is T1a1. Thought to have arrived in England and Ireland with the Vikings. Badass. Apparently T was mostly in the Middle East until as recently as 14,500 years ago and can be found as far apart the Baltics, Morocco, and Northern Europe

12. JoeT

JoeT Gold

Did you meet Wallace?

13. Matty_M

I met him once last summer and was scheduled to meet him this afternoon but he had to cancel and is not in the office the rest of the week. I'm meeting him again on August 11

caroline likes this.
  14. peter jesop

peter jesop New Member

Last night I obliterated the jet lag Rx and was way too drunk.
    Are you kiddin me? Have you seen something fly ing? Do you have a pet?