1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

15 year old who could use some advice!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Matty_M, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You might be better off getting on with life and not taking that time off if you are going to be in strong light during school.......FYI.

You cannot find wellness in the same environment you got ill within. That is nature’s rules not mine. We have to pay attention to this chronic disconnection from nature or illness will begin and manifest. You have to embrace a water existence because water is a natural Faraday cage. You want that cage built inside your cells in an EZ format to protect you from nnEMF’s of all types and restrict calcium flows; this will allow you to stimulate your vagus nerve while muting your PVN.

Alex97232 likes this.
  2. shah78

shah78 Gold

New College is exactly the choice this 61 year old Amherst College graduate would make today if I were suddenly forced to go to College today. I keep thinking I actually recommended this to you a few months ago, but sometimes all my bullshitting runs together on me. :) It's everything Hampshire College represents, but with Sarasota Beaches. And boy, will I try to be a bad influence on you.:)

Matty_M likes this.
  3. Danny

Danny New Member

Are you leaving tomorrow? I don't have the time to meet up right now... I'm about 4 hours from where you are. I'll PM you my phone #. Next time you're down give me some heads up and I'll make the time to meet up.

Matty_M likes this.
  4. Matty_M

Matty_M Purple Angel Club

Absolutely! Thanks man

5. Matty_M

Visiting Sarasota has been cool.

The school is besutiful, but there are a few reasons I'm skeptical of it.

1) a massive portion of students are LGBTQ, stoners, vegans, and low-dopamine. They are the misfits from high school. It would be easy to convince them about "optimal" and I could likely gain a following. But, I just don't know if these are the kind of people I'd want to be around.

At the same time, the student who I was scheduled to have a lunch with was an unbelievably amazing, open, and smart girl. At almost any other school it's pretty safe to say that I would be surrounded by a bunch of obedient idiots who would think I'm crazy for taking ice baths and sunbathing all the time. Here, there is a very low retention rate because a lot of students drop out; they would be very likely to embrace "optimal"/optimizing health through reconnecting to nature, as long as I leave politics out of it.

Like Jack post about on Facebook, this is a perfect example of a group of people who are "liberalists". After Trump was elected, people threaten to kill themselves, cry for days, and so on… For this reason, I'm wondering whether I might want to avoid this place.

2) I can get an accredited bachelors degree from Excelsior State, Thomas Edison State, or Charter Oaks University by creating a schedule of CLEP tests (College level examination program- through the AP organization "Collegeboard"; these allow students to receive full credit for subjects that they are well-versed in). These three schools allow students to transfer in 100% of credits, where as the majority of schools have a residency requirement.

This specific school has a residency requirement of seven full semesters regardless of how many credits I transfer in. They would only meet my liberal arts requirements and therefore allow me to take other classes, but I would still need to meet the required class load while here.

So, I could either partially test to a bachelors degree and then enroll in a state school or somewhere that allows me to transfer in a large portion of my credits, or I could just test to a degree entirely.

The reason I am skeptical of testing to a degree is:

1) I would be alone a huge portion of time. I know that I don't want to be alone. If I take a gap year and travel I could schedule these tests to get the credits and study while in various places and potentially have a bachelors degree by the end of one year. That is how amazing this method is. If want to understand more, check out this forum and website http://www.degreeinfo.com/forum.php .

Jack, I still want to go to law school. Law schools accept degrees from these schools. Most kids learn passively, so I could even make a strong argument to my advantage that I scheduled all of the tests, studied all the subjects, and I don't think I would have much of a problem getting in to law school.

Paying for law school, however is a whole nother story. I could get some financial aid based on my mom's income, but it cost something like $20,000 in state versus $40,000 to $60,000 out of state and for private schools. In this way, gaining residency in Florida is probably the best move; then I can spend three years in high school in the sunshine State.

Any suggestions between Gainesville and Talahasse (top two law schools in Florida, both offer in-state tuition)? I could maybe pay $40,000-$50,000 dollars for another law school if I start a business and get rich quick. I dont want to be in debt.

The third and main reason why I wouldn't want to spend four years at college is because, just as I found in biology with Dr. Kruse, I believe the textbook and mainstream view on most subjects is flawed or either wrong. For this reason, I am not going to be in college to truly learn important things; the only argument I could make is that I am at college to learn the perspective that is wrong so I can improve upon it. But I don't think this alone is worth four years necessarily.

A good reason to go to New College might be to gain a following. I COULD meet some very cool, awesome people who are totally interested and want to start a business. Otherwise, having a following would be great for spreading the message, and it would really help these kids because so many of them are so low dopamine, but I can't necessarily see what I aim to get from that. If things don't catch on, I might end up somewhat alone (although I would definitely end up finding a few people who are interested); if they do catch on, maybe New College would be transformed from a place of low dopamine vegans to OPTIMAL WARRIORS.

So my options are:

1) travel all summer and go to New College in the fall. I already outlined why I'm skeptical of New College. Also, I was talking with my friend and he thinks I would really benefit from taking a year off and traveling and doing my own thing. I would definitely try to avoid being alone much, and probably try to go meet some more quantum folks in different places across the US and the world.

2) work for the summer (outdoors- landscaping), then travel/meet more quantum folks and other people with different perspectives.

I am skeptical of taking a year to travel because if I do decide to go to a four-year college, I am just pushing it back. At the same time, I could get a degree by examination, which might be a great option as long as I figure out how to do so and not be alone all day long.

Also, I have a feeling after traveling there is no way I will want to be trapped in the box of any college (this is from my dislike of education right now).

At this point, it looks like the WORST case scenario is that I take a year and travel and meet with various quantum folks, doctors, learn about eastern medicine, and so on, and if I haven't made up my mind afterwards, I can go to New College and try it for year. I can defer and still keep all of my financial aid and scholarship.

Jack, I think I understand your point about skipping the year off and getting on with life, especially if I'll be in strong UV. But if I travel I'll definitely avoid winter and be in strong UV. I want to travel but it isn't my primary interest. I more feel like taking a year off to "figure things out" before being stuck with a bunch of coursework thats not totally important.

caroline likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

figure it out while working

Matty_M likes this.
  7. Josh Rosenthal

Josh Rosenthal Charter member of Purple Angels Club

Matt,

You always make me smile and give me hope for the next generation!... Still looking for maybe a May meetup!

Danny likes this.
  8. Matty_M

Lots of love my friend.

I will be away on my senior project after the 14th.

Let me know when before that will work for you. We can get all you can eat sushi in the city :)

9. Danny

Danny New Member

Either way you go... you won't lose. It's just like me when I was 17 except exactly the opposite :) . Either way I went I was sure to lose. It all has to do w/ the knowledge you have already. If you decide to go the school route you will have the dopamine to not become ensared by the automatons. If you decide to travel I'm sure it will have tremendous purpose and meaning to you. You know what it takes to self motivate. I do like Kruse's idea of sometimes in life a path chooses you.

caroline, Josh Rosenthal and Matty_M like this.
  10. Matty_M

I'm pretty confident that I'll be in Sarasota in the fall.

It's tough to turn down four years for free on a bayfront estate-turned small college. I'd rather try it the coming fall and realize that I'd rather be doing something else than college (which would have to involve accumulating wealth) than go off traveling and end up meeting people who just want to party.

I could spend time with various quantum folks and the quantum researchers. I'd definitely learn a lot but I think already know (and can learn from books) a lot of what I'd learn from them. At this point, I want to lay the foundation for law school and work on getting myself financially free, as well as keeping my dopamine up which shouldn't be a problem in Sarasota.

The only potentially annoying thing is the LGBTQ crowd who thinks everything should believe what they believe. Close-minded liberalists, as Jack says

Danny and caroline like this.
  11. Matty_M

Graduated high school. Shackles are off. 15,300 hours of brainwashing complete. I've come out heavily impacted but aware and working on the unschooling process.

I'm headed to Ecuador for a 2 week yoga & meditation retreat. I'm currently in Idaho visiting family. Had an 11 hour layover and spent all day in Phoenix with some friends. Wow. I am you and you are me, if we look at the UNIverse as one (uni) thing. My life is everything to me and its the only thing I really have control over. I change others by changing myself. Life only exists in the continuous present. My thoughts and belief do not just create, but ARE my reality. I am grateful. Love is everything; "negative" emotions come from fear of love. Yoga reconnects me like nothing else. So does hard exercise. Phoenix's sun is STRONG as hell. I picked grapefruits off of a random tree. Good structured water. My life is an adventure. I don't have to do anything or want anything.

The "duality" that Buddhists say creates consciousness from the eternal universe come from our inability to see the creator. What can't we see? UV and IR light. When we die, the spirit leaves the body. I posited something: the spirit is UV light. What do cells release at death...? UV LIGHT for 18 hours until rigor mortis, when the body is cold hard and at equilibrium with the environment.

I'll be heading south to Ecuador on the solstice. We'll be doing lots of Yoga and meditation. It's the rainy season; probably good so I won't get fried while on the equator at 8,000 feet elevation .

A question: Anytime I exercise hard (a few sets of sprints) I get dizzy, feel like I am going to faint, and want to throw up.

What could cause this? I hardly ever do this... could it be that all the new mitochondria I'm making aren't adjusted for this kind of work because I never stimulate them so?

In regards to my other main symptom, chronic nasal congestion;
    - it clears up slightly with sunlight
    - it gets more congested if I consume coffee, alcohol, or chocolate. What's the commonality?
    - seems like it gets worse after dark
    The new me is grateful. I am love. Whoever reads this, I am you and you are me. The best thing that I can do is be the best that I can be in every iteration of the continuous present, and to be the best that I can be to you, because you are me. I show up for every moment. I am already sufficient, more than enough, and so are you, too. My life is my adventure. Every single moment is cosmic perfection at work. My old constructs may resurface: "what do I do?" "What is my next action?" "How can I apply this?" "How can I make myself feel better?" "Once I have a plan, then I will be happy" "I should be doing something else right now " (ironic, because "now" is exactly the way it is and wouldn't be "now" if it were any different) "I need to move to the South and once I do that I'll be satisfied" "I have energy stuck in me that prevents me from loving and feeling emotions freely" "I use my phone a lot even though I want to go after the wireless industry.. what a hypocrite" "If I'm present in every moment, how will I be able to plan for my future?" "I need to have goals, I need to want something, I need to do something" "I need to become more grateful and spiritual".. These are my constructs, the stories that I tell myself and keep me from showing up in the moment. Nevertheless, I now show up. I may ask "what is this moment meant to reveal to me?". Every moment is an eternity. Every moment is our entire life, and our entire life is every moment. Here I am.

Danny, drezy, Phosphene and 5 others like this.
  12. caroline

caroline Moderator

what can I say? ..... you have said it all! So proud of you Matty.

13. Matty_M

Thanks for being here along my journey. It is just beginning. :)

Josh Rosenthal, caroline and drezy like this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Insanity in individuals is rare, but it is quite common in paradigms that create beliefs.

drezy and Alex97232 like this.
  15. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Congratulations on graduating to freedom .

Matty_M likes this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Matty_M said:
    Anytime I exercise hard (a few sets of sprints) I get dizzy,...........
    ============================================

Reminds me of my times when I would get runners high.
    For me it was welcomed feeling.

@Jack Kruse

17. Matty_M

Throwing up too?

18. drezy

drezy Gold

Hey me at 17! It' me at 40! Let me fill you in on what happens to us. We've been put through the wringer, found ourselves in the most surreal situations domestically and abroad good and bad, backstabbed in personal and professional relationships, and so many other odd interactions. We wouldn't take it back for anything. Why? because the best things in our life right now have absolutely ZERO in common with our life plan (especially sub 26-ish).

We also changed from "I am love" to "I am Kinda Like, but verify". It's all good.

Once we get to @JanSz stage we might change our moniker again. Let's see if he takes the bait.

Good. Want a cheap redox test? Occasionally use those food as your "check engine light". I do with my "kryptonite" and it works well.

The dichotomy of being in the moment and planning, other than the fact that the future is a progression of moments, has best been explained to me by my buddy Nick Machiavelli:

Alex97232, caroline and Matty_M like this.
  19. Matty_M

Love it. You at 17 is here and willing to take whatever you've got for him. ;)

caroline likes this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

No, not throwing up.
    It was a dreamy pleasant state, I wish I could get into it again.
    After days of work, I was running 4.5km back home, in about 100F dry weather, jumping over tarantulas and coral snakes crossing the road .
    Run ended on a beach, wife drinking rum an coca cola with girlfriend, my kids in sea water.
    Closest to equator I have ever been.

..[​IMG]

Alex97232, Lahelada and drezy like this.