1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

15 year old who could use some advice!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Matty_M, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

SMART DUDE.

Matty_M and Danny like this.
  2. Danny

Danny New Member

Matty_M likes this.
  3. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

"I try to meditate 10-20 minute every AM with a focus on breathing."
    What kind of meditation are you practicing specifically? For me mindfullnes/vipassana has done wonders for my capacity to deal with stress and any adversity in my life. I would suggest john kabbat zinn or joseph goldstien. All the great meditation teachers have free podcasts Its good to have some direction in your practice as well. I also used inner balance/heart math on an airplane moded old ipod for about a year and noticed some great results there as well. Now I dont need to use it anymore as I have trained my nervous system to achieve thew same results just through breathing and concentration.

"I am always either barefoot or wearing "Pluggz" grounding shoes. Ruben Salinas claimed they are more conductive than leather based on his tests." good to know I was gonna convert my current minamilist Lems shoes with their conversion kit they sell.

"I'm probably going to go down and live with a mate and teach myself, test to a degree (bachelor's), work on optimizing myself, maybe starting a business, and go off to law school after I get my bachelor's degree so I can carry Marino's torch."

That is a bad ass Idea. I was hoping after reading becker and Marino that their was somone out there to continue their legacy. In fact the world needs somone like that.

Matty_M and caroline like this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I'm hoping Matt or Brian become that.

5. Matty_M

Matty_M Purple Angel Club

In Mexico I told Jack about the time when I was sitting in a local park in shorts with nothing else on in the sun and it was below freezing.

Two cops walked up behind me and started asking me what I was doing and I said that somebody called because they were worried that I was going to get hurt.

It constantly amazes me how people who are so disconnected can't even think straight.

-----------
    Today I was driving in my car and looking at other people who are driving trying to imagine how they think and what they think about the sun. My assumption, because it's how I used to think too, is that people don't even think about it all.

It doesn't even strike people's minds what the sun actually is. It seems like most people that the sun is just "there".

It is more more parent at peoples disconnection from nature is the first step in controlling humanity.

I've begun to think about the earth, because of what I've read on here, as a big spaceship that we're flying around on in the cosmos. When thinking like this, it's inevitable to start questioning what we're doing and what I actually care about. If everyone did this, they would realize that they shouldn't go and work a shitty 9 to 5 that they hate, get wallet biopsied by the collegiate institutions and become an indentured servant to the banks. Banks are today's kings, and anyone who needs money to live is their servant. Unless we live off the land and are entirely self sustainable, we are players in the game. In theory, everyone has an equal chance, but in reality this is obviously not the case. In this model, large corporations like the telecommunications industry are the king's noblemen who take advantage of people to be better off.

Like Jack says, nature supplies everything we need. When I am sitting in the sun this is pretty obvious. But, in Philadelphia I have rarely felt this way in the last few months because winter is just ending. No one can really make money off of nature, so they have to devise ways to trick people into thinking that they need something in order to have more wealth, i.e. to have more control over people.

As far as I understand it, money is just a physical means of transferring value. We used to trade goods and services for those of equal value, but now we use money as an intermediate. We here know that the telecom industry is NOT actually increasing people's quality of life because increases stress, decreases real connection between people, and ultimately destroy his health and his people diseases like cancer. However, people by cell phones because they have constructed a paradigm, a.k.a. convinced people, that cell phones do increase their quality of life, even though this isnt true.
    ------

Last time I post on here, I was pretty sure about not going to college.

However, I applied to a small college in Sarasota Florida called New College and they're offering me $27,000 per year, which is about two thirds of tuition. My other plan was to go live with Nick, and do some work with him in Vero Beach. I have learned this year, through only having two classes per day in school and doing mostly independent study, that I prefer to be around people rather than alone, generally. I've decided that I will probably try out the school for year, given that it allows me to build my own courses and degree. Basically, I could get much deeper into the study of quantum biology with the structure and oversight of professors. Even if their beliefs are wrong, I can refine my understanding and have the benefit of lots of constructive criticism. Also, the benefit of lots of open minded people my age who I can recruit to build a quantum army. If I hate it after one year, I will definitely vacate.

Also, this school is one of the best undergrad schools for getting students into post grad and law programs, which is great as I want to study law at this point to complete Marinos unfinished work. The president and CEO of the Federal Reserve, who attended New College, calls it "grad school for undergrads". With the course requirements, the maximum amount of time I would spend inside on any given day is three hours. That means strong UV light year round at one of the lowest latitudes in the US.

My only concern is the population density as it is about an hour south of Tampa. Any thoughts on this? I'll be swimming in the Gulf sunbathing, and eating oysters every day to mitigate. Shouldn't be any harder than Philadelphia:D.

Every time I talk with someone who is smart about Jack's work and this field, they are very interested.

One of my mom's best friends is a neurologist at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, where Doug Wallace works. He has become very interested, and has spoken with one of his friends about doing and experiment with cell radiation and listing me as a co-author. He connected me with Doug Wallace, and Doug seemed pretty interested in Jack's perspective.

My dad connected me with a light researcher at Drexel University named Eugenia Ellis. I told her what I've learned and she was completely blown away. She is connecting me with graduate students in her laboratory where they research lighting that is more bio friendly. When I talk with highschooler's, they hardly give a crap. But, anyone interested in sinking and intellect is generally pretty interested. Imagine what it would be like surrounded with tons of students who just want to find the next cool thing that's going to have a huge impact, and the potential network affects of the professors, given the interest of the last few academics who I have shared this information with.

If anyone who reads this thanks it would be smarter to avoid college all together and study on my own, even if it means being alone, please share your thoughts. I would love to hear them.

------
    Just got an hour-long massage at a local Chinese Thai Chi place. It was freaking amazing.

I'm working on a blog to share my thoughts and journey. Can't wait to get up and running to share.

All the best to everyone!

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Matty, you have always been an amazing kid but you have turned into an even more amazing young man. I like the way how you casually slipped in that you made the connection between Dr K and Dr Wallace!!! HUGE !!!!!
    It will be fun to watch you in the years to come.

Alex97232, Matty_M and caroline like this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Matty. Take your time and be discerning .....see what lands in your path!

Look at all the amazing things that have already happened to you.........

You are on a quantum journey ..... be astute ....watch, pay attention, listen - really listen, follow your instincts, follow your heart .....

every evening before you fall asleep ...be grateful for all your wonderful gifts.

Matty_M, Mystic Rose60 and Linz like this.
  8. Matty_M

Thank you both :D

9. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

[QUOTE
    In Mexico I told Jack about the time when I was sitting in a local park in shorts with nothing else on in the sun and it was below freezing.

Two cops walked up behind me and started asking me what I was doing and I said that somebody called because they were worried that I was going to get hurt.

It constantly amazes me how people who are so disconnected can't even think straight.
    ][/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience the other morning watching the sunrise. I was out in a field behind some conifers facing the rising sun barefoot with shorts and a hat and it was slightly below freezing. An older gentleman was startled to stumble over me as he was walking his dog. I said hello and we made some quick small talk but I could tell he thought I had a few screws loose. He kept asking me if I was okay? if I was waiting for someone? did I have somewhere to go? I smiled I and said "Im right where I need to be" but thanked him for his concern. In the past I would have been embarrassed in that sort of encounter but Im content with who I am. I know I only look insane from the perspective of an insane world.

I think you really cant go wrong either way. You have the greatest resource of all.. time. As long as its truly what you want and not influenced by fear you cant go wrong. If something doesn't work out? good its a learning experience. The only way you can go wrong here is paralysis by analysis.

Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  10. JMO

JMO Silver

Hi Matt,
    Sarasota area has some really nice beaches. In fact, a little south of Sarasota, around Englewood is one of the places I'd like to move. There is a beach there....Stump Pass beach which is a state park. It's my favorite beach....it has areas that have secluded beaches. If you get a chance, try to make it down there. I think it's abt 50 min from Sarasota. I think you have selected a good location for college.

Matty_M likes this.
  11. Matty_M

Since last posting, I've learned that I can defer acceptance and still retain the scholarships and financial aid that I have been offered.

I have decided that I would rather take the year off, travel the world, spend time with quantum folks in various places, and support myself.

If, by the end of this year I do not have A viable income stream/way of supporting myself, then I will probably go to the school and work on this stuff from there.

Alex97232, Inger, Danny and 2 others like this.
  12. Danny

Danny New Member

Are you freakin kidding me?!! You can't be 18! Find and trust your instincts... they will take you far as you are one smart young dude. As far as Sarasota is concerned... it's pricey, but if you can find a place near the water or intercoastal and mitigate your environment this will be a huge improvement from your environment back home. I notice a difference traveling to Anna Maria, FL, which is near Sarasota on the Gulf of Mexico, from my home out in the sticks near Flagler Beach Florida on the Atlantic side. I live in a rural environment at the 28th parallel and I notice a definite upswing going to the gulf at the 26th parallel even though there's an increase in population density. I feel pretty good in my location, but even better on the gulf. You might be able to find a nice pocket of low density in a place like Nokomis. Not sure where this school is however.
    By the way if you're driving down, stop in at our place for a while. We are near the Ocala National Forest, about 20 minutes from the beach, and less than an hour away from 6 springs.

shah78, Inger, Matty_M and 1 other person like this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Fiction is what storytellers create. They aim to restore order with their imagination. Fiction is the only reality they can tolerate. Cruelty is written in the human script using fiction. Nature has a tendency to break laws and shake things up for the storytellers. I would say that in nature, people never know what is real and what is fiction. And I like that because reality is relative.
    This is why I pay deeper attention to my mitochondria in my brain than anywhere else. You cannot get well in the same environment you got ill within. It’s a stark and unpleasant message that most people don't want to ponder. I understand environment as firstly as the macrocosm, secondly the microcosm because it controls mitochondria. Worlds within worlds, Wheels within wheels. Waves within particles, particles within waves.

Alex97232, Inger, Matty_M and 2 others like this.
  14. Matty_M

I'm in the center of sarasota now. Are you guys free a bit in the next two days?

15. Matty_M

I vibe with your thinking doc. I'll post back on what comes to me after two days on the Gulf

Inger likes this.
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

How do you combat burnout in life? I changed how I helped people. I once believed that it was my job to help anyone who asked for help. That is the credo of medicine, at least that is what I was taught to believe. I found this set of beliefs was the fastest way to ruining myself. While it’s tempting to take on everyone who wants to work with you, doing so in reality, limits your long-term success, and leads to burnout of the person doing the helping. This is counterproductive because who is a healer good for if they are not good enough fro themselves? I say this from personal experience. In my first several years in practice, I turned no one down who wanted me to work with them or on them. This habit is learned in medicine in residency; I tookthis habit with me when I opened my web business too. That was a mistake. I learned that in neurosurgery and my web business when I did this, it was leading to same problem. Burnout and frustration was the result. I soon realized I had to rethink how I was going to do things in both worlds I chose to participate in. I realized I didn’t enjoy working with everyone I worked with as a patient, and I found that I did not like every member of my website either, when it began. I also realized,
    more likely than not, they didn’t all like working with me either. LOL. This was when I decided to set some standards for myself around who I would take on as a patient and who I would continue to interact with on my web business. I also decided on standards about who I wouldn’t deal with too!! Both had to be adapted as time went on. The first thing I did was cut my friend list on social media sites and I looked to see what the reaction was with my patients, family, and my website members. Their reaction is what I was looking for.
    I thought about my “ideal” patient, member, and friend. What was unique about their personality? What type of commitment did they display to me in life and online? Were they "coachable" and could I really help them? What type of attitude did they have about the relationship? How experienced were they with new learning?

Once I could clearly identify my ideal targets, I started qualifying potential connections based on the standards with which described that person. I found out rather quickly when your're hard to reach, those who really value your ideas work even harder to get to you. Those people easily qualified themselves because they wanted to be students to learn and they had skin in the game. In my opinion, my prospective members need to pass more than the wallet test to work with me. Just because they can afford a service, doesn’t imply you two will be a great match. In fact, I learned those without a lot of means who sought me out the most are the targets I need to build out my network of change makers. I don’t do well with those who don’t commit, and follow the data or just refuse to alter their environment to meet nature's requirements. I’m not a cheerleader. I often see through others’ through their excuses. Saying no to potential members and opportunities with them allowed me to stay available to ideal persons to work with. I found when I began to cull my herd, it became awesome to look at my schedule every AM, and actually looking forward to seeing and spending time with each person on it that day!! I found the samething was true with my internet business. People who are invested fully are a pleasure to spend time with. I found the benefits of being exclusive and I did not have to be arrogant in accomplishing that goal. It became clear to me that I was of better service to some people and not to others. I now stay humble about that. https://www.psychologicalscience.org/observer/burnout-and-the-brain#.WOFK9VKZP_Q

Matty you and I talked about this.......you cannot save the world. And you also were shocked I made time for you and Brian..........maybe now you understand why.

17. Inger

Inger Silver

Love this^^

Alex97232 and Matty_M like this.
  18. shah78

shah78 Gold

I'm back from Mexico . I'm one hour from New College.

19. Matty_M

I'm here until tomorrow at three, do you have time to connect? I'll inbox you

20. Matty_M

Thanks Jack. I think the message is pretty clear.

I have to save myself first before worrying about anyone else. First move is keeping my dopamine up. Some days I go for hours feeling like a zombie and not wanting to do CT because I feel like it's too cold.…

When I do it, without failure I ask myself "how the hell did I not do this sooner?", "How the hell was I living like that?", "How the hell can I keep myself from ever falling back into that hole?". Like you said, in a low dopamine state, sometimes we should not listen to our internal compass because it's broken; we should do the opposite of what we think in that moment.

I don't have any serious problems. In fact, theoretically I have everything I could ever want. I have been born into a place where people have wealth, I am not a slave or servant, I do not have to work to support myself. I no longer suffer from all of the terrible symptoms that I used to deal with every day. Unlike the vast majority of humans alive, I do not have to fear about being one of the people who gets cancer, Alzheimer's, etc. Nor do I have to live like shit every day, stressed and hoping that things improve.

In fact, right now I am laying in strong UV on the bay in Sarasota Florida on an all expenses paid trip to visit his college here I have a two thirds scholarship to, and my dad will pay the rest, so I have a full ride to a place where I can live in strong UV light, Live basically for free, and technically I'm supposed to focus on the things they have to teach me (Standard textbook in accurate information for the masses) but I could mostly focus on the things that I want to study.

I've been working for the last few months and save a couple thousand dollars so that I don't even have to go to college next year, I can travel, maybe live in Mexico for a few months, go meet quantum folks in different places around the world, and even work on starting a business or a service so I have income and never have to work a job that I don't like and trade health for money.

I'm 17 years old, I still have four months until I turn 18. I've become exposed to meditation through an amazing woman who has come to give meditation sessions at my school with my club. She has worked hard to offer me free trip through her wellness program company to Ecuador for two weeks in the summer to do yoga and meditation if
    I recruit a few students.

If I say that I'm not the luckiest person on the whole planet that I know, I am lying. Everything in my life has brought me to this point and I am infinitely grateful for all of it, and I have no intention of stopping.

I often look at the world with a sad I and cease to enjoy the magic before my eyes because the horrible nature of humans and the things we are doing to ourselves right now. It is difficult for me to understand and makes me want to do everything to change, but you have help me to realize that I cannot save the world, I can only save myself. If people come along with me, then that is great. If I walk alone, at least I know that I'm not living a comforting lie, and I can enjoy the wonders of the world.

There is so much to be grateful for and so many amazing things to do, like the time we spent together eating all-you-can-eat sushi, having drinks, sharing ideas, and so on. I don't yet know how, but I will find a way to make money, probably to get very rich, so I will be able to do anything that I want.

Mindfulness has helped to allow me to observe how I'm feeling in any moment and to see the thoughts and feelings that I'm living with. I recently unearthed and I have been so unbelievably unkind to myself for such a long time. I don't know when it began, probably around the time of my eating disorder, ice cream binging, thinking I have no self-control I don't care about myself time. I havent even allowed myself to relax in the sun and simply do nothing but enjoy because I felt like I am obligated to do something, and if I'm not, then I'm worthless. I was sitting in my car alone and started crying quite a lot as emotions bubbled up. I know you said in Mexico that people think with emotion when we are in a Low dopamine state. This is very similar to your recent Facebook post about how life is a comedy to those who think deeply, and a tragedy to those who do not.

As I practice mindfulness more, I see when I look at life as a comedy, and I also see the Times that I am deeply impacted by things that happen around me to the extent that they threaten my feeling of well-being. I have previously put tremendous amount of pressure on myself feeling like I need to be reading a time at this point because I have lots of free time and if I'm not, I am a failure. Because of this, I have completely ignored and neglected simply sitting and doing nothing, but allowing connections to occur organically, like I am doing now as I sit here on Sarasota Bay in the sun.

Life really is pretty funny, and not sure why I take it so seriously so often. Actually, it's probably 17 years of false programming in government school.

If you guys haven't already listen to the "school sucks project podcast" you must. It really details how the government and society have done such a phenomenal job of brainwashing the masses.

I'm off to have lunch with a college student here and ask some questions. I'll try not to take it too seriously :) .

Love you guys. Thanks