1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Grmoline
Last Activity:
Aug 10, 2021
Trainer/coach in evolutionary health & nutrition

Share This Page

Grmoline

Gold, Female, from Hampshire, UK

Grmoline was last seen:
Aug 10, 2021
    1. Grmoline
      Grmoline
      I went there a long time ago - 1987-88 Austral summer, back when I did my Master's work in the US. Overlapped with some British Antarctic Survey people for a week at our camp. I slept only a few hours a night that entire 3 months, and got cold-adapted quickly since we slept in unheated tents the whole time (also part of the light issue), and were out in the field 16 hours a day. I was a lot younger, and mostly I just leaned out. I loved it!! Would have gone back in a heartbeat if I could have. I think a couple months in NZ and Oz this past year actually did much more damage to me. What brought you to the ice?
    2. margor_j
      margor_j
      hi there,
      i was just having a read of your post. :)
      did you go to the ice with UK? how many times? im curious because after my 4th summer there, 2 years ago, iv now come to the conclusion that it was a big part of my undoing. its where my sleep stopped, i used to blow up like a balloon, esp the last two seasons, major back pain started.... hmm such a great place but i wish id known then, what i know now! CT woulda been so easy for me to do there! lol

:)
  • About

Trainer/coach in evolutionary health & nutrition
    65 years old, former RN, long research career in geophysics/hydrogeology/climate change, trainer/coach in attitudinal skills in corporate and public forums, now passionate about combining skills for changing attitude and evolutionary health.

Signature

"Courage is forward movement while embracing fear. Thinking for yourself is courage. What's rare is the courage to follow it to the dark places where it leads. One person with courage is the only majority you need to succeed in life." - JK