1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Celeste
Last Activity:
Sep 27, 2017

Share This Page

Celeste

New Member, Female, from Los Angeles

New here. There is so much information. Trying to take it in a little at a time. :) Jun 19, 2014

Celeste was last seen:
Sep 27, 2017
    1. Celeste
      Celeste
      New here. There is so much information. Trying to take it in a little at a time. :)
  • About

Have been eating mostly raw primal for the last 13 years. Most of the time that has included raw butter, but want to have the courage to move away from that. Have had periods of using bone marrow or tallow as my source of fat, but that has it's own problems. I've been more recently been experimenting with including himalayan salt in my diet, and adding concentrace minerals to remineralize my RO water. I also have started using caffeine in the form of puerh tea, which I had been drinking with raw grassfed butter, but am experimenting with ghee. In the past I was drinking green juices daily. I've moved away from that and have only been drinking the tea, RO water and some Gerolsteiner. I also am eating fermented vegetables which I never did prior to January.

Had a hard fall off a bicycle in January and surgery to put a titanium plate in to help the bone heal. What a wake up call!!! Eating healthy I thought I was somewhat beyond illness. I had changed my diet just 2 weeks before the fall, and had been eating starches and lot's of cooked food, still paleo. Not sure if it caused it (osteoporosis), I fell pretty hard at a weird angle... but I am 55. It has made me really re-look at my diet. Also had mostly followed AV. After his death, I found myself a bit unsettled, where to turn with questions. I also had experimented somewhat with ZC off and on for a bit. Glad to find this place. Was turned onto it by Inger on another site.

One of my big questions is should I try to remove the titanium plate towards the end of the year. I do not like the idea of having metal in my body. I tend to be very sensitive to wearing metal jewelry other than gold and wear little if any of that. I'm concerned if it could cause cancer in the long run.

At the moment my sister is getting chemotherapy following a mastectomy. Our mother died during her chemotherapy treatment. My sister is so courageous right now, it blows me away. I myself have very different ideas about health, and go my own way. I have always used food as my medicine.