Tanning Beds and EMF

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by endless, Apr 12, 2013.

1. endless

endless Silver

I know Dr. K recommended using tanning beds to some of us in the north to get some electrons and vitamin D while the sun is still to weak to do us much good....has anyone tested their tanning salon beds with a meter? I'd love to have some feedback from others who have.

I borrowed a TriField meter and took it into a tanning bed with me today....I was assured by the business owner that all her beds have electronic ballasts, so I was kind of shocked to see a reading of 40-50 milligauss inside the bed, where your body would be. That seems far too high to be deliberately exposing myself to. I understand that there are limitations to the TriField but that is all I have. I'd love to know if anyone has found a low reading in any sunbed (and what brand it is!)
  2. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

Where did you borrow a Tri Field meter from?
  3. endless

endless Silver

My naturopath has one.
  4. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Just following up here to see if anyone has found a low EMF tanning bed? I'm really considering getting one for this winter, but I'm worried about the high EMF. I think someone posted in the past that they were lower if they used an electronic ballast. I measured one of these beds at a local tanning salon and my trifield meter went crazy! So I don't really trust that theory.

I did some googling, but haven't found anything reliable.
  5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Moderator

I'm contemplating visiting a local tanning salon - for some photoelectric effect and red light therapy
  6. Hope

Hope Gold

Gretchen, I can highly recommend Hollywood Tans right outside the mixing bowl. I haven't done red light - you have to stand up and it's so so loud...but you can get a great deal on it if you become a tanning member. It makes me feel amazing....and I am tanned for the first time since 1986. LOL.

Perhaps I'll see you there sometime :)
  7. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

Ya I started tanning a few months ago and then I purchased a trifield meter and was testing all sorts of stuff. The tanning bed was off the charts 100 plus miligauss. Havent gone back since and dont want to waste money testing out other beds since I'm sure they're probably similar. I literally stood next to the bed and wouldnt go in. Also found out that my car was off the charts and switched to one that is a lot more emf friendly. Have found that the plantar fascitis that I have battled for years is gone I think its related to this.
  8. Hope

Hope Gold

I am sure my tanning bed in the salon has EMF but just ground before/after and I feel so amazing when I go there. It's only 15 minutes....I think it's worth it for now :) Good luck!
  9. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Yes, this is what I found too. I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it or not over the winter. This is why I was hoping to find a lower EMF tanning bed to purchase for use at home, but I'm guessing nothing exists yet or someone on here would know about it!

I see Mercola has some tanning beds. Maybe I'll shoot them an email to see what they have to say about the EMF levels.
  10. JackFrake

JackFrake New Member

I, too, am curious about this issue regarding tanning beds. Curious if Jack can weigh in on the subject.

Will 'extra grounding' + 'CT' + 'photoelectric effect from bed' outweigh negative effects of higher EMF exposure from the bed?
  11. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I bought a Mercola bed last spring....the way I'm looking at it, it is like a super dose of sun....so I have to be absolutely 100 percent with water, CT, light and grounding. It was a great boost in the spring and I used it off and on during the summer when we had a lot of rain or cloudy days. Now I'm going to be more systematic and start using it every other day.....hydration is key. Otherwise I feel drained the next day. I know there is EMF from the bed, but I'm looking at it as a net gain for my health IF I pay attention to all the other stuff and keep my D level high.
  12. IvanDrago

IvanDrago New Member

SeaHorse, could you please clear your inbox so I could send you a message?
  13. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

SeaHorse - which bed did you buy? I'm thinking one with the red lights may be more beneficial, but I'm not sure. Do you have a stand up or lay down bed? I've never used a stand up, but the price difference may force me to try it!
  14. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Box emptied
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  15. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I bought the lay down bed with the red light. I've read that returns are a real problem, so be careful. We have been very pleased with the quality of the bed.....a few visits to the equator would be nice every winter, but the bed is going to have to do us for this year anyway! Good luck.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

I guess no one wants to come to OZ now......
  17. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I am checking into tanning nearby and found a place that has a Beauty Angel System....apparently it is red light therapy with some sort of exercise incorporated....

Anyone familiar with this?

This is an excerpt about the vibra shape toning that occurs with the red light therapy

What do you mean by Vibra Shape?
    The complement to the light treatment using Vibra Shape provides a whole body approach to beauty and fitness. This is made possible by the vibration plate built into the support frame. This high-quality training equipment was used in several studies by the European Space Agency and today is used mainly in physiotreatment. A natural human walk is simulated using patented technology, which means that Vibra Shape, unlike other training equipment, is a 100% physiological training method.
    With alternating side movements it trains all of the muscles from the legs up into the abdomen and back. Your head can be kept still during this. At the same time calories are consumed and by tautening the connective tissue cellulite can be effectively prevented. At the same time, improved circulation and micro-circulation reinforce the results of photo bio stimulation.
    By the way: Combining training with collagen generation is a method for protecting joints that is highly recommended, even for athletes.