Magnesium Threonate dosage for neurodegenerative disorders

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by taidan, Jul 23, 2013.

1. taidan

taidan New Member

Hi everyone.

I'm 22 years old and have a neurodegenerative autoimmune disorder along with the slew of hormonal and health issues that goes along with that.

What is the dosage of Mag threonate that dr. Kruse normally reccommends? is 2 grams tid too much?

Also as an aside, anyone know if there is common anti inflammatory that dr. Kruse recommends?

Thanks

Tai
  2. kleinb87

kleinb87 Gold

Hi Tai,

I can relate to you because I was there recently with tons of hormonal and health issues only at 26. The thing with Magnesium is that it is not useful when your body is dehydrated (or your semi-conductors fully loaded), which from just hearing your issues appears to be the case. Have you started CT and eliminating EMFs? That will help immensely. For anti-inflammatory, Resveratrol and Turmeric are great sources. Are you eating epipaleo and sticking with a low carb/ high fat leptin reset protocol? It may sound like a lot of questions, but can help the rest of us who are trying to help you.

Bobbi
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Mg Threonate is only available in 37.5 mgs each as far as I know.......I have experimented with very high doses during some of power line biohacks........but I can not advocate for these doses on the internet.
  4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Tai, Dr. K has mentioned using aspirin as an anti inflammatory. I sometimes use it, but less than once a month.
  5. Inger

Inger Silver

Don't forget that CT is maybe the best anti-inflammatory thing on earth. :) => do it as much as you are able to
  6. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

MAYBE? IS...
    Couple that with some grounding...
  7. taidan

taidan New Member

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate all your replies!

Sorry for the late response, things have been kinda rough and I'v been having some problems logging in.

Anyway, I am on the verge of starting a third attempt at everyting- epi-paleo, LR, CT , Mito etc.

The problem is recently any willpower required activities seem to stress my PFC to the point where I get a headache and foggy. I think it might be an energy issue because it is worse on low sleep and no MCTs...

Anyway, I live in an apartment with other peoples WIFI all around, but I am also starting to shut off my phone and router at least. I don't have a tub to CT, but I can do my face I guess.

I think my issue is this: MHTFR/CBS/COMT snp -> toxin or pathogen accumulation -> everything jack talks about cascading from there - > Inflammation and autoimmune tendency triggered. Unfortunately now my immune system is very sensitive to either suppression or activation. I can't tolerate methylation supplements and even anti inflammatory make my neuropathy worse (I saw a study showing TNFa supression triggered MS..how?)

My Dr hopes that mito support and gut healing will help bring down inflammation and allow us to pursue other therapies. I plan on doing the full gamut to Jack's intuitive (at least to me) protocols rather than just taking an isolated COq10 supp.

Question regarding PQQ: I have heard rumors that it is better to fix mitchondria first before taking it as PQQ will only be regenerating broken mitchondria. Is this true?

Questions regarding Coq10: As Coq10 auto oxidizes and ibedenone does not, would Jack recommend taking the latter instead?

(also going to post these on the mito forums)

Thanks!
  8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

You might want to consider Ubiquinone, the reduced form of CoQ10.
  9. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

10. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

That's the one I use Annie.
  11. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Hi SeaHorse,

Thanks for your reply. Are you just taking the three or are you doing a higher dose? Not sure what to do because I'm obese with PCOS, so the ideal dosage is unclear.

Thanks!
  12. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes New Member