Grounding your computer, with Michael Neuert

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Team Kruse, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Team Kruse

Team Kruse Super Moderator

Hey Krusers,

Check out this video on grounding your computer, with Michael Neuert. Click HERE to view!
  2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Thanks for posting! I have done this, and it definitely works. Makes me wonder why laptops aren't already grounded.
  3. bugsy1950@gmail.com

bugsy1950@gmail.com New Member

I would like to try this, but surely this is for laptops only and when they are not plugged in at the wall socket?
    Otherwise with 2 sources of power I would fry my computer?
    Also all our plugs have 3 prongs one being the "earth" (we also have 220v)
    As you notice I am not technical but really would like to ground my computer as I spend so much time behind it.
    Please those of you who did it, explain this to me in more detail.
  4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I ground my laptop while it is also plugged into the wall socket. My laptop, however, only uses 2 prongs for power, no ground.
    The grounding cord Michael showed has three prongs, but only the ground is attached to the wire. The other 2 prongs go nowhere. They are used only to anchor the plug in the socket.

I used my Trimeter during the initial process. I had quite high electrical and magnetic readings before grounding. Now it is very low.
  5. bugsy1950@gmail.com

Thanks for the reply, but I am still not sure if this means that having a 3 prong plug I do not need to go through the process and that I am safe for excessive EMF?
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Bugsy - I have 3 prong plugs as well - so the third one is the ground ...but when I asked one of the owners here they told me that they aren't actually hooked up and I would need to hire an electrician - just something to think about....
  7. bugsy1950@gmail.com

The houses here are all wired with a third wire the "earth" so I presume I am OK.
    I phoned a computer supplier and spoke to a "technician" and would you believe, he could not answer me and did not know about EMF radiation!!!
    That tells you a lot about the collective knowledge in SA!!!
  8. Bugsy, during the EMF webinar Michael explained that even though our outlets have the 3 prongs (so ideally would be grounded) sometimes we cannot be sure without testing each outlet. Unfortunately, this is the result of poor wiring in homes which contributes to "dirty electricity".

If I recall correctly Michael also recommends unplugging your laptop's regular power chord while you're working on your lap top.
    So having the grounding cable plugged in while you're working to reduce the stuff it may be conducting onto your skin.
    And then plugging in the regular power cable when you're not next to it (to charge it).
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  9. Bugsy, if I understand you correctly, you're using a desktop computer and not a laptop. So unless your cabling is faulty, no further grounding should be necessary.
  10. bugsy1950@gmail.com

Thank you both, I am using my laptop plugged in the regular power which I presume is earthed, I asked hubby what the inside of our wall plugs looked like and he said everything in our house has 3 cord wiring. So if I understand correctly the earthing of the laptop is only necessary when using it wireless? In that case I assume I am protected when it is plugged in at the wall.
  11. Your "brick" laptop power supply is grounded, but if you look at the cable going from the power supply to your laptop, you will see that it only has 2 wires in it. So the laptop itself is NOT grounded in your current configuration, as I understand it.
  12. bugsy1950@gmail.com

So no household appliances are grounded if I understand you? they all have only two wires in their cords. Then can someone explain to me the function of the earth wire in the wall plugs of your house, if nothing is actually grounded?
    Sorry to be so insistant but I need to get to the bottom of all this, at this stage I simply don't understand.'
  13. Martin

Martin New Member

The wall outlets let you plug in both types of appliances - grounded and un-grounded. The difference in those are that a while back manufacturer's figured out ways to build a device that is very insulated against having a human touch any part that would shock them. So they could build it simpler and cheaper and still provide you with protection. You have many of these it appears. We all do. I don't have a gauss meter so I can't give you comparisons on grounded vs. un, but that's great question. You home wiring has provisions for both.
  14. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I bought the alligator clip and stripped a USB plug so I can ground my laptop. I measured using my trifield both before and after grounding it and I don't see any change at all. Has anyone found this to actually help? I did test the outlet and it's grounded.
  15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yes, my trifield showed a dramatic decrease after attaching the ground to the USB port. Your results are surprising. I wonder if your USB port is active? Not sure if it would make a difference.
    Perhaps plug in a USB mouse or whatever, pull it out slightly, and touch a grounded wire to it, making sure the USB mouse works??
    Have you tried grounding other things with your grounding wire? Does your body voltage drop when you touch the wire?
  16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I'm having second thoughts about my grounding pad that I use while on my USB-grounded laptop computer. I've had some inflammation the past couple weeks in my elbow which is usually in close proximity to the laptop. Ice made it better, of course, but it still persisted. It was getting worse and worse, until I finally guessed that it may be EMF. Sorry Dr. K, I'm still slow about that. Though my laptop is grounded through the usb port, could electricity still be jumping to that elbow? The laptop is grounded thru my house ground, and my grounding pad (that I keep my feet on) is grounded to the soil. The house ground has a longer distance to go before it gets to ground....

I moved the computer to a different place yesterday, and my elbow seems better already. I swear, I avoided touching my elbow to the laptop at all times! Maybe I should attach a usb hub so that I can have a keyboard as well as a mouse attached. How to ditch technology and still keep up with Dr. K.... hmmm...
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

exactly right .......how do we keep up with Dr. K. and stay off the computer.....

I don't know much about this .....but dirty electricity is a big problem ...is it not?